Monday, August 12, 2024

Monday Mystery AND Me on Monday

So, when I unpacked from our family vacation, I came across this:
It's a tiny gold Starbucks cup key chain. It's adorable:
Isn't that the cutest thing? I put a regular sized cup in the picture so you could see how little it is. And then there's this:
The lid comes off! You could put some money it there if you wanted.

My first thought was that I somehow accidentally "stole" this. We all bought so many Starbucks mugs that I thought maybe it was inadvertently put in the bag. But that was puzzling too since it was in my carry-on bag. I took this picture planning for this post. That's when Butch solved the mystery.

He said that Mindy dropped in my bag to surprise me! Thanks Mindy!!

Okay on to Me on Monday. I'm late getting this post out. It's my re-cap of July. Here goes:

*We went geo-caching on the 4th.
*I helped Connie with getting settled in to her new house.
*Books Read: 11 (5 of these were audio books while walking or playing video games on my iPad)
    Five Star: 
        Perimeter (a really good mystery/thriller)
        The Weight of Silence (another good one by Gregg Olsen)
        Remarkably Bright Creatures (our book club book--about an octopus. If you                     haven't watched the documentary on Netflix called "My Octopus Teacher" you                     should. My book club loved the documentary too. It went well with the book).
        The Teacher (psychological thriller by Freida McFadden).
      Audio:
        Only Say Good Things (read by Crystal Hefner--her life with Hugh--so interesting             and sad--he was "sick")
        White Rural Rage (read by the author: social commentary. Really good, but it's a             political book. The facts are unbelievable, but then I didn't care for the author's                     "opinions" as they were too politically one-sided.)
*Movies Seen: 4
    Five Star:
        Fly Me to the Moon--I had no idea that the plan was to feed us a lie about the moon         landing. Many people still believe it was all a lie.
        Twister--the special effects were unbelievable.
*Concerts: 2--both fabulous.
    New Kids on the Block
    Toby Keith Tribute Concert
*Nights Out (not concerts): 
    Songwriter night at the Stable Reserve
    City Club Murder Mystery dinner
    Happy Hour at the Broussard's
*Dinners out: 4
*Lunches out: 8
*Out-of-towners: twice
    Sandy and Janet
*Documentaries: 12
    5 Star: 
        The Girl from Plainville (Hulu)
        Idina Menzel (Apple +)
        Celine Dion (Prime)
*Movies/Series Streamed: 8
    5 Star:
        We Were the Lucky Ones (Hulu)
        Masters of the Air (Apple +)
        Presumed Innocent (Apple +)
        A Simple Favor (Netflix)
        Celine Dion (Prime)
*Bridge: twice
*Pool Parties: 3--would have been 4 but one was rained out.
*Scrapbook pages completed: 20

Okay, so that wraps up another month!!






1 comment:

  1. You lead such a busy life! Another great month for you and your family :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.