Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Tuesday Thoughts About...

...The Rolling Stones!
"No Filter" Tour.

The last Rolling Stones concert Butch and I went to was about 1995--The Bridges to Babylon tour. This one was just as good in every way! 

This time, it was Stephanie, Mindy and I. Butch is in Morocco with his buddies.

Let me just begin by saying---Mick Jagger is A*M*A*Z*I*N*G!! The guy is 78 years old and still kills it!! He continues to have so much energy on stage. His voice is still strong and he moves---well---like Jagger! He's dancing and running up and down the stage. Probably the only "tell" that he's older might be a little heavy breathing, drinking between songs and mopping his brow. He never slowed down!

The place was absolutely packed! The stadium holds 69,000 people! There was only one small section on the sides of the stage that was empty. Mindy speculated that perhaps the view wasn't good from that vantage point. Other than that, it was completely full.
He looks good--certainly not like a near 80 year old! The girls were impressed with his hair too. Of course he must color it---but don't we all?


There was about one 10 minute period where Keith Richards took the stage for a couple songs. But considering it was a full 2 hour and 10 minute show, it was non-stop. There were only 2 or 3 slow songs. Other than that, it was constant action! 

And then there was this:
Can you see how his hat blocked Mindy's view of the whole entire stage? I traded places with her because I'm shorter. I was able to see between that little space from his hat to his shoulder. It's kind of rude, if you ask me. Still, it did not take away from my enjoyment.  Okay, maybe a little. I mostly noticed how much better the view was when he left for drinks! Then our view was wide open!

The concert ended with a spectacular fireworks display.

Getting out was a bit of a pain. In fact, getting in was a pain too. The whole parking situation didn't seem to be as organized as it is for Titan's games. By the time I dropped everybody off, I got home at 12:10 a.m. I thought I would be dragging, but I was hyped. In fact, I added 1.3 miles to my step total just dancing for 2 hours!! I'll take it!

I'm so happy that the girls wanted to go with me. Oh, and as soon as the lights went down, everyone "lit up." The pot was so strong. I do remember that from the last concert. The girls seemed surprised by it. Steph asked if The Rolling Stones were "stoners"! I said, "Are you kidding--it's in their name!"  

Go see them if you get a chance. I feel honored that they only had 10 stops on this tour and Nashville was one of them. I don't know how much longer they can keep this up. They dedicated the show to Charlie--that was nice.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.