Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Travel Tuesday

I am still at the beach with my friends. It's Monday and it's a rainout today. It looks like it's going to be a rainout tomorrow too. So, I decided to slip in a post. 
We planned out the week and each took a meal to be supplemented with eating out and leftovers. On Friday night, I did dinner---which is our every Friday night dinner. Even at home, I make a charcuterie every Friday night whether it's the family over for happy hour, or if it's just Butch and I. It's just a great way to have dinner while at the same time, talking or playing games. We like the casual nature of a charcuterie. 
The water was so shallow that the girls were able to put their chairs in the water. I thought about doing it, but I knew that the water would splash up in my mouth. I can't stand the taste of ocean water. Even sometimes when I'm walking the beach, I'll get a good splash. And, no, I don't think I walk around with my mouth open!
We played poker one night. Karolyn was the big winner. Everybody lost. Luckily for me, I only lost 35 cents. We'll be playing several more games and watching a few movies with the rain. We also played Mexican train and Ousi (actually we're playing this today). It's a new game and looks pretty fun. 
On Sunday, we went to the Perfect Pig for brunch. Pam and I shared the avocado toast---omgosh y'all! it was my first time for avocado toast and it was so delicious! It had two fried eggs on top. We also shared the French toast with berry butter---basically our dessert. That was so good too! I'm going to always need a sharing partner because I'll want both things!!

We've done it all: beach time, pool time and walking for me, games, shopping, eating out, movies (Adrift) and mini series (Nine Perfect Strangers), happy hours and just hanging out. A little of everything--just like a good vacation should be. 

The week has gone by too fast. We head home tomorrow. Back to the real world! ðŸ˜¢


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have had a great time!
    When you try making avocado on toast at home, try adding a pinch of chilli powder to the mix and have a poached egg on top instead of fried - absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.