Saturday, October 9, 2021

Maybe What's Old is New Again!

Have you ever heard about the "grandmillenial style?

Apparently, people in their mid-20's to late 30's are showing an interest in old things. Quote from the above article: "having an affinity for design trends considered by mainstream culture to be "stuffy" or "outdated." The article goes on to say that this demographic is "in" to Laura Ashley prints, ruffles, wicker and needlepoint. 

What? Yes, needlepoint!! That makes me so happy because I have a house full of it! These grandmillenials are trying to resurrect their grandmother's cozy living rooms! I love that. My grands fall in this category. I'm thinking they can have my entire living room. 




And then there's the needlepoint! More than enough to go around. I probably have at least 50 pieces all around the house. Hmmm, maybe I should count them. Luckily, the girls actually like my needlepoint. 





They can have anything they want!

I think this sums it up from the article:
"A grandmillennial has an appreciation for the past, [they are] devotees of classic style with a passion for tradition…with a twist. Think warm, gorgeously layered spaces, a mix of prints, patterns, colors, as well as textiles galore.”





2 comments:

  1. Your needlework is amazing - I would think they will be fighting each other for the chance to have it for themselves! What a good idea to make some of it into cushions - absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen and read about the grandmillenials. Not surprising that it comes amid the pandemic. It makes me think that if we decide to downsize sooner rather than later, I may take a crack at decorating in English country garden style - chintz and florals. Would be nice to have some of your very accomplished needlepoint around too, but I don't have that kind of patience. Kudos to you, I especially like the wall hangings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.