Wednesday, May 15, 2019

What I Buy Wednesdays!

This post is going to be a bit different than usual. It's not that I didn't buy anything last week---I did. I bought the sego palms I've been wanting for 22 years. I bought a few things from my Stitchfix box. And, I bought a new FitBit. More about that tomorrow. For today, the What I Buy Wednesday is taking a different twist.

This post is going to be about what Butch bought this week. Or I should say HAD to buy this week!

When we got to Clemson last Thursday, he asked me if I'd seen his shirt. It then dawned on him that he put the shirt in my car and then decided that we'd take his car. I immediately jumped in to action!
"Hey Siri, where is the nearest Kohl's!" Now, I didn't really hold out hope that there was a Kohl's within 50 miles as Sandy has always said how Clemson is located in the middle of "nowhere, South Carolina." Imagine my surprise when Siri responded, "the nearest Kohl's is 3.2 miles away. Do you want that one?" (Think of hearing that in a British accent).

I said "yes" and we were off. Things were going our way. Add to that, Butch had just put the new Kohl's coupons in his car that very morning! We were set. When we got there, I said I was gong to browse around. I never shop there and thought it would be fun. He said, "No, stay right by me!"---like I was a little kid. I am pretty impulsive when it comes to shopping. I was tempted to buy something for spite, because, well, I can! After all, I am living on my social security! I didn't.

Instead, I stayed with him. He asked my opinion on several shirts. I don't know why---as he's always bought his own clothes and has good taste. There was one shirt he really liked, and asked me what I thought. Well, don't ask me a question if you don't want to hear the answer! I wasn't crazy about the color. it was a checked pattern where the dominant color was purple. I don't care for purple. Instead, there was the same shirt right next to the purple one with pink as the dominant color. That was a no brainer. It was pink! I LOVE pink! I especially love pink on men!! Even he agreed that he liked it better. Sold! With the coupon, the shirt was so cheap, you could almost look at it as disposable!

We went back to the hotel.
I've always wondered who goes on vacation and irons. Now I know!

Oh, another thing. That cheap shirt made it to Steeplechase the next day. It held up just fine in the rain and looked darn good. You know, pink and all!


1 comment:

  1. Oh I can relate to the shirt story, there have been a couple of times when we have left behind something we needed - one time early in our marriage I was shopping for underwear and summer short outfits at KMart (thank goodness for Jaclyn Smith). And a couple of weeks ago, we were in St. Louis shopping for hubby, not an emergency shopping, just a spruce up his summer wardrobe with new shorts and shirts trip. A young man (late 20's to early 30's?) had come to pick up a shirt that was ordered special in his size, but he wasn't sure he wanted it or another that he had seen on his way to the register. The first one was a plaid with pink as the dominant color, and the newly discovered one was also plaid with a nice thin purple stripe in the pattern. Anyway, of the 5 folks standing around (me, hubby, 2 cashiers and young man), I was the only one who liked the purple one because it was more distinctive. He ended up staying with the pink plaid one, because it was a safer choice. I just shook my head because he could have totally pulled off the bolder look. But men should wear what they like, or else it sits in the closet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.