Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Tuesday Thoughts About...

...graduations. I hate 'em! There, I've said it and I'm willing to admit it. Now who's with me?

Come on, seriously, those things are boring. But what I love is the person doing the graduating!!! As far as my grands are concerned, we've been to 10 so far. We have two more coming up in June. After that, we'll have 3 left (can you tell I'm counting them down?). That's a lot of graduations. That's a lot of time. Boring time. But, I have to admit, Clemson did it right! No speeches. Yep, none! There's really nothing new that can be said anyway! We know that the grads are going to go forth. It's their time. They are going to shake the world. We get it. Now let's just get on with it! They are ready too! It was Mitchell's day.
 If anyone knows Clemson football, this is the entrance to the stadium with the famous "rock" that all the players "touch" on their way in before the game. Admittedly, this is my first time seeing it.
 This is so Mitchell---no buttoned up gown for him!!
 From left: Victoria, Elizabeth, the grad, Greg and Sandy.

He is one tall kid!

Mitchell showed us around a little before the ceremony. But even though he's been there for 4 years, we taught him a thing or two about the campus. 
 The day before, we did a little exploring on campus ourselves. Due to geo-caching, we discovered the largest Burr Oak in South Carolina.
The pictures do no do it justice. You really cannot get the size of this tree from a picture. It's 70 ft. tall.
 The trunk is 16 feet around.
You cannot tell how really huge the leaves are. This leaf is about 12" long.

It was a whirlwind trip---up one day and back the next. We are so proud of Mitchell and were so happy to be a part of his big day. Now he's ready to start his "big boy" life. Next up is the job hunt. We have no doubts that he'll land the perfect thing. We can't wait to see what's in store for him. I'm sure he'll go far! At least he has the tools to get started!! Congratulations to our only boy!

Number 10 down, 11 and 12 coming up!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I might not be wild about graduations if I had been to that many either. At our daughter's this past December, I was glad for a short speech, it gave me a little time to collect myself so I didn't start crying after seeing her process into the auditorium.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.