Wednesday, May 8, 2019

What I Buy Wednesday

 Before I get to "What I Buy Wednesday", I want to take a minute to finish up a little more about the move with Aunt Marie and Uncle Tony.
 First of all, here they are. This was taken at a recent family wedding.

I mentioned that they moved everything from their 4500 sq. ft. house to 1750 sq. ft. without getting rid of anything.
 I didn't take a lot of pictures, but a few to show you what Janet and I accomplished in a day.
This is the view from the little entry when you walk in the door. Just picture boxes everywhere. We got rid of a lot of stuff. A. Lot!
 On Thursday, I did the dining area and unpacked all the china and crystal.
Normally I would have washed every single thing. But, one--Uncle Tony packed it all and two--they never use it. My goal was to try to get the living area completely finished before I left so that at least one area would be normal.

When I finished this, I still had about an hour left. I asked Uncle Tony what he wanted me to do. He wanted me to make sense of Aunt Marie's closet. The "unpacker" had just put everything in there as best she could. I knew it needed sorting. I started with all the yellow shirts. I took them out and asked Aunt Marie which of the 6 we could get rid of. None. Okay, it was on to the 14 white shirts. Again, none. 4 blue---same thing. I just stopped. The only thing I actually accomplished was arranging everything by color. Aunt Marie is even more obsessive than me!
 Every   single   thing   in her closet is in a dry cleaner bag---even t-shirts! When I go back in a couple weeks, I'm going to get those t-shirts and knits that can be folded out of there. That will give her a lot more space. Another thing---she has kept all the packaging of everything! There are boxes from blow dryers with all the instructions that she might not even own any more. I can't wait to get in there and really clean out.

Okay, enough of all that. But "What I Buy Wednesday"  goes along with the clothing aspect of this post. The week after Easter, I met Sandy and the girls at the beach. I always love going to the Talbots outlet. In fact, that's the only time I go to Talbots. Still, they have good prices, but it's still expensive for t-shirts!
 Here's what I got. In the back is a floral blouse. 3 t-shirst and then, I couldn't pass up the pink scarf. Last is the polka dot sweater. Wait for it....
Is that awesome or what? As Elizabeth quipped, "ooohhh, grammy, business on top and party on the bottom!" That says it all!

1 comment:

  1. Love Elizabeth's comment - that is so funny! What a great find.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.