Tuesday, May 21, 2019

This and That

A week ago, it was time for Steeplechase---big social event horserace where everyone wears spiffy outfits and hats, eats fancy foods and drinks even more,  places friendly bets and gets sunburned . It's usually really hot and sunny---and long!
We lucked out with the weather. It was overcast and even drizzled a little. Actually, that was perfect weather for Steeplechase---to too hot. Nancy's hairdresser insisted on making her hat. It was so heavy that he put two hats together to support it. Too bad that guy is in the background. Fun day with family! Mindy gave me a new nickname: Barbtender!

On the way to Clemson a couple weeks ago, we stopped at a couple little Confederate Cemeteries.
 They are all over---mostly going unnoticed.

 As you can see, this one was right next to the highway, yet we never noticed it before.

When we were going to the cemetery, I saw this. It cracked me up. Look close. The driver door is hanging open. Even the back door is hanging open! I know exactly what happened here. The driver got home and could hardly make it to the bathroom!  There may have been a time or two where you might have seen this at my house!

So this past week, we were rotating all the cars for oil changes and tire rotations. I couldn't believe Mindy's keys. First, I'm pretty sure there are keys on here from cars she doesn't even own anymore. Plus, there are almost more keychains than keys! That's how she rolls! 


 That is one big lizard!!! Freaks me out, at least 24 inches long! Okay, 12 inches. Big, I'm telling you!
This was in the grass. From a distance, it looked like a mushroom. Actually, at first I thought it was an egg. But, since we don't have an ostriches around, I knew it couldn't be that. I had to check it out.
 It was a magnolia bloom that had blown off the tree.
It was really pretty---and wilted pretty quickly. I should have floated it in the pool!

On Sunday, we celebrated Justin's birthday with a game of Laser Tag. OMGosh y'all! It was so much fun! It was my first time. Mindy had rented it out for one private game. Good thing for me as one 15 minute game was enough! My back hurt and my finger hurt! The end results:
I didn't do so well. Turns out, I hit myself more than anyone else. It took me awhile to realize that what I was aiming at was actually a mirror!

I discovered the best time to grocery shop---8:30 a.m. on Saturday!!! Can you believe it? That's my car on the left, parked up close!

Enough for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.