Wednesday, November 29, 2023

What I Buy Wednesday

When we were at Morgan's last week, we went to Michaels. I had a $5.00 coupon that was expiring.
All of these things were half price---they started their Black Friday sales on Wednesday---maybe earlier. The candy cane trees are new stocking hangers. The green trees are candles, cardstock--just because and who doesn't need tiny little containers for 99 cents??

Now this falls under the category of what I didn't buy. 

A couple months ago, the girls asked for a Halloween craft project. My question to them was---when do we have any time to do one? We often do a craft project on Thanksgiving. When I came across this one, I thought it was the perfect thing. It involves Starbucks cups. So, I went to Starbucks and got my regular tea. Then I asked if I could "buy" one each of the holiday cups. The barista, Perla, said, "Oh no, you don't have to pay for them!" 
She gave me one of each. Then she asked me if I wanted a "red" cup too. Those are the special plastic holiday ones released every year. They run out fast--usually in a couple days. Stephanie didn't get one this year, so I gave it to her for her birthday. Yeah, I'm a big spender!!

Then, I told the girls to each get some cups. We made our project at Morgan's. It was just the three of us then. I'll do it again with Sandy, Victoria and Elizabeth. And maybe one more time when Jordan is in town.
I think they turned out so cute. I'll be using mine on one of my Christmas scrapbook pages this year. If you want to make one, just let me know!! I have plenty of strips. 

I plan to give one to Perla for being so nice. But, I'm wondering if that might not be such a good idea. Maybe the Starbucks people wouldn't like to know that people are costing them money in free cups. Considering I have quite a few now, maybe I'll risk it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.