Monday, November 27, 2023

Me on Monday

Me on Monday is all about ME---and I have a lot of "me" things today.

1. The week before last, I bought a cantaloupe. I always let them sit on the counter for 4 or 5 days to ripen and sweeten up. I swear by that method. I was telling Butch that I was going to cut it that day.
The next thing I know, it was done! He did it for me. He's always doing nice things like that for me. I love that he saved me that time! Oh, and it was delicious!

2. It's been almost a year since we bought our new bedroom furniture. The other day, I was thinking, "Hmmm, I wonder what's in the middle drawer of the nightstand?" I knew that the bottom drawer held all of my nail stuff and the top drawer held various stuff: Blistex for dry lips, Kleenex, notepad and pen for those middle of the night ideas, lotion, and Russell Stover chocolates--if I have any. My most recent box was from my birthday. I opened it about a week ago. It was bad! I didn't know chocolates went bad. You can be sure I won't let that happen again! 

Okay, back to that middle drawer. I opened it and found this:
I had completely forgotten that I put this little used jewelry in there. Actually, I was looking for something that's in here. I'm happy to have found it now---especially since all of my Christmas jewelry is there too. It's kind of scary that I could forget something like that so soon!

3. Two weeks ago last Friday, my friend Nancy invited some of us over for dinner. It was poker night---the guys play poker and we girls go to dinner. She wanted to cook for us.
We got a "selfie"--Nancy in front, Connie, Susan, me, Pam and Karolyn
She made a beef tenderloin stuffed with lobster, hash brown casserole, a caesar salad and some homemade yeast rolls. It was all so delicious. Her table was beautiful. We had the best time. Nancy even entrusted me with these photos to do her round robin this month. Actually, I'm doing Karolyn's too. I volunteered to take them both since no one else wanted to do one this month. I love doing it so that's fine by me!

4. When we were in Mexico for the wedding, I discovered a new drink.
It's called a Miami Vice. Nicky ordered it. It's Strawberry daiquiri on the bottom and Pina colada on the top. So good. I have no idea how many I had--at least one a day, sometimes two. 

5. This happened yesterday. I was upstairs working on one of the round robin layouts. Butch called me down to show me something. We went outside where he was pointing out a hawk. You might recall my fascination with our hawks in 2022. They didn't return in 2023. I was disappointed. Of course I was excited to see it. Then I realized that I came outside in my slippers. I do not wear shoes inside---especially on our white carpet. I'm still a little obsessive about that. I wear slippers in the house, but I don't wear them outside--otherwise they become shoes! I wasn't out there five minutes.
When I came inside, my slippers were filthy. I rest my case! This is the kind of crap we are carrying in to our homes! I realize I'm becoming more and more fanatical. I can't help it. I just like things to be clean!

Well, that's me on this Monday. 








1 comment:

  1. I think the middle drawer contents were obviously 'out of sight, out of mind'!
    That meal sounds delicious, who needs to go out to eat if you have a friend who can cook like that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.