Thursday, November 9, 2023

Five Things Thursday

1. Today's the wedding! Still, I can squeeze in a few things:
Don't be fooled by this healthy breakfast. You can't see the amazing hot chocolate on the right! What I'm really focusing on here is the variety of sweeteners. I love that. However, conveying what you want at any of the other restaurants is pretty hard. I wish they would just have the caddies on the table like they do at the buffet.

2. Yesterday, I had two spa appointments scheduled. First was the "fish therapy."

I have never done this before, but, I have heard of it! I didn't know anything about it, but wanted to give it a try.
Basically, you dangle your feet in a fish tank. Then the little fish start nibbling at the dead skin on your feet. It was a little ticklish, but mostly it felt more like a vibration. It felt good. They only let the fish nibble for 10 minutes. I guess they have to make sure the fish are still hungry for the next "guests"! Afterwards, there was a foot massage. My next service was the foot reflexology. Who doesn't love to have their feet rubbed for 30 minutes. In this case, I had my feet rubbed for about 45 minutes. Divine! When I walked in there, the lady offered me an add-on facial with a facial massage for $15.00. Heck yeah! That was a bargain and thought I misunderstood--she might have said $50. When I checked out, it was indeed $15. I do love a good spa treatment!

3. Sandy, Stephanie, and I took a guacamole-making class. That turned into our lunch. 
There was a guy nearby having what I thought was a Bloody Mary. I decided to order one. He said it was a Bloody Caesar--with clam juice added. I was a little skeptical, but decided to give it a try. When you don't have to pay $18.00 per drink, that's the time to try new things. Like this one:
This is my new favorite fruity drink: Strawberry daiquiri on the bottom with a Pina colada on top. So good and I've had way too many!

4. Things that don't make sense.
"The perfect place to relax and feel with your couple"  What? Feel what with your couple? 

Okay, I want to know what "tricky" skin is. Because, if I have it, I guess this means I don't want it! 

It seems to me that if you are doing your advertising in English, then it really should be someone who is proficient in English. Surely, I'm not the only person who has noticed this.

5. Another beautiful sunrise.

Last night we had a bonfire on the beach. It was so beautiful, yet I didn't take any pictures. They had a professional photographer there, so there will be some great shots. I'll share later.














1 comment:

  1. Clam juice in a drink? I have never heard of that before and I don't think I want to try it!
    I much prefer the sound of a strawberry daiquiri with Pina colada - good choice.
    Those fish spa treatments used to be really popular here, then they were banned. I think that some places weren't being as hygienic as they should be between clients!
    Hope the wedding is lovely, I'm sure it will be and we'll be seeing a few scrapbook pages celebrating it very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.