Monday, April 29, 2019

Monday Mystery

So, I've been doing so planning for our trip to England in June. I purchased theater tickets. Then this popped up:

Modern Slavery Act Statement 2018

This statement is made pursuant to section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and sets out the steps taken by Encore Tickets Ltd and its subsidiaries to ensure that slavery and human trafficking are not taking place in any part of our business or supply chains.

What the heck? I've never seen this before. I don't even know what this means. How does slavery within a ticket company happen? I guess I don't understand modern day slavery. I get the sex slave business where people are abducted in to it. I don't understand other types of slavery---at least not in developed countries.
It's a mystery to me.
Back to St. Louis this week for the big move!

1 comment:

  1. I live in the UK and I haven't come across such a statement before! But I guess it's good to know the theatre employees are all being treated well and aren't working there against their will!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.