Thursday, December 3, 2020

Wrapping Up November

We're already day 3 in December. Still, I have a few things to wrap up for November.

Butch took the "no shave November" challenge with Greg. He's not sure whether he wants to keep it or not. He's gotten through the hard, itchy part, so he's going to keep if for awhile until he decides. Notice his turkey shirt. I love it! He took it with us to the beach a few weeks ago. When I questioned it, he said, "It's a FALL shirt." Yeah, that's a good idea. That way you get more "wears" out of it rather than just one day a year!

Mindy and Justin spent Thanksgiving with his brother and family in Florida. They cannot go there without spending some time at Disneyworld. Mindy sent me this picture with her all decked out in her Disney finery. The shirts are throwbacks from over 10 years ago. Sandy had them made for the family prior to one of our Disney trips. Sandy also picked up Disney Coach bags for me to give the girls for Easter last year. I don't really do gifts for Easter, but it was a good excuse! As it turned out, due to the pandemic, we weren't even able to get together. So basically, they just got a random gift for no reason. Sometimes, those are the best kind! I gave Mindy--the Dumbo purse. Dumbo has been her favorite since she was a baby. From about 6 months old, I could put her in front of the tv and have a full hour and fifteen minutes to myself. I did it every day! Does that make me a bad mom? I think not. I love that she still loves Dumbo! That's the only movie that kept her mesmerized!

She even wore the necklace I gave her last year for Christmas. "Baby Mine" Love, Mom--in my handwriting! I didn't even know you could do such a thing. She asked for a necklace with my handwriting. I thought long and hard as to what the sentiment should be. "Baby Mine" is perfect for the baby of the family and the lover of Dumbo. That song is from the movie and to this day makes me cry! 

Morgan made her very first Thanksgiving dinner. She made so many sides---I told her that it was way too much food for 7 people. She would not be deterred. She called me several times leading up to Thanksgiving with questions. Then she came by twice to pick up stuff for entertaining. The day before, she called me three times with cooking questions. Then the night before, she texted that she'd forgotten to pick up a tablecloth. And she needed another casserole dish. Sooo, on Thanksgiving morning, I met her at Target around 8 a.m. to bring her those things. Good thing I wasn't making a big turkey dinner as I would have been in the midst of my own cooking! Anyway, she said her meal was a success and she thoroughly enjoyed entertaining. I hope she gets that from me! Her table looks beautiful. I loaned her the tablecloth, table runner, napkins and napkin rings. I gave her the paper plates and leaves to write names on as place cards. It's times like this that my multiple problems turn out to be a positive. I have plenty to share! She even did table favors. A girls after my own heart! I did notice one little error--which I did not point out to her--did not want to be critical while she was on such a "high." do you see it? It's really no big deal--and most people might never notice, but she has the silverware reversed. Knife goes on the right and fork on the left. Just a minor detail. Just a reminder of my waitressing days. Her table looks beautiful. I'm so proud of her and that she managed to pull it all off. Timing of the various Thanksgiving dishes can be tricky! She did a great job for her first time!

That's it for November! Oh, one last thing. Elizabeth's school has announced that there will be NO exams this year! Due to the craziness of the times and most kids working from home, they've decided to cancel exams. They decided it wasn't worth the risk to require the entire student population to be on campus for exams. This came as a complete surprise because this is a tough school with so many rules! If you ask me, this is probably the best Christmas present the kids could get!

On to December and the holidays! Besides "Friday Funnies" tomorrow, I'll have a "Friday Frustration" post too. I'm pretty sure you can guess what that might be. It involves holiday lights!



2 comments:

  1. That is a very pretty table! How lucky you were able to help her out with all the forward planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a splendidly decorated table - it sounds like the meal was a great success. I think Butch looks very distinguished in his beard!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.