Thursday, December 10, 2020

Five Things Thursday


On one of my walks in the neighborhood, I came across this sign. I think it's a nice sentiment to remind people that there's someone who loves you. Maybe not these homeowners, but there's bound to be someone in your life. At least I hope so!!
I had this tiny piƱata (that really has candy inside and is meant to be whacked) delivered to Victoria. It was supposed to be a fun fall surprise in November. Since you can see the Christmas lights, I'd say she didn't get it until nearly December! Still she was surprised and said it was the cutest little thing she'd seen.
A few weeks ago, I decided that I would try walking in the mall since the weather had gotten cooler. I couldn't believe that Carrie Underwood has this little pop-up shop. I don't really get it--it's in front of where Panera Bread was (it closed). It's outside. I guess it can only operate in good weather. 

Anyway, walking the mall sounded like a good idea. Butch wasn't sure. He was afraid it might bring out the impulse shopping tendencies in me. That was, indeed, a possibility. But I thought I would just enjoy all the Christmas decorations--and I did. But when it was all said and done, I did not like walking there for exercise. When I walk as a workout, I need comfortable clothes and shoes. That's not the kind of clothes I can really be seen in out and about. It's fine for the treadmill at home, or early morning walking in the neighborhood. Plus carrying a crossbody 15 lb. purse is too much. 
I've already shared many of these book boxes that I've come across in our travels and while geo-caching. This one is right down the street from Stephanie's. I just love them. Such a clever idea. I would love to put one somewhere. I don't know if you can just do that or have to have some sort of permission. I guess I could do one on our own property, but it seems like it might seem silly in our neighborhood.
I've saved the best for last. A few weeks ago, Mitchell was telling me about a documentary on Netflix about Bob Dylan. I carry a little notepad in my car. I jotted down the title and stuck it in my purse. When I cleaned out my purse the other day, I came across the note. Then I noticed the quote. OMGosh! What are the odds of that? That I would write a note about Bob Dylan on a note with a quote by Bob Dylan! That notepad has been riding in my car for years!! I don't know where I got it, nor did I realize that it was full of quotes by BD! I love those kinds of little coincidences. BTW--the documentary was really good!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.