Monday, December 21, 2020

Monday Mystery

I had a hard time trying to decide what category this post should fall under. It could have been Tuesday Thoughts or and most appropriately, Friday Frustrations. I decided to go with Monday Mystery because I would like someone to really solve it for me. In fact, I might just email this post to Jeep. 

We are a Jeep family. I'm on my 4th Jeep. Mindy is on her 3rd. It's Mindy's Jeep that this post is about. 

One of her tail lights went out. Cars are constructed in such a way now that the average person cannot simply change the lightbulb. That's ludicrous. Or so I thought, until I saw the bill!

A couple weeks ago, we took Mindy's car in to the dealer--because the average person cannot change a lightbulb--and believe me, Butch is not average. So that means even the above average person cannot change the light bulb. We always handle car care because, well, we're retired and can take the time. And, we have a spare car (or three) to loan.

The charge for that simple lightbulb change? OMGosh!
This is highway robbery, I tell you! HIGHWAY ROBBERY! Truly, how is it possible to charge this much money? 

She would have been better off getting a ticket and paying the fine! I'm pretty sure it wouldn't cost this much!

Are you with me???

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how many Jeep technicians does it take to change a light bulb? Maybe there is a Covid type of surcharge?

    We are a Jeep family too; used to be a Lexus one for awhile, and then we got tired of those kind of overpriced repair bills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am indeed with you. Outrageous! Time for a change?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.