Saturday, December 12, 2020

Something for Saturday

As I've mentioned, we really cut back on the decorating this year.
Doing these types of tablescapes or collages are my favorite. 
They are really pretty easy. You just start putting a bunch of junk together--and by junk, I mean any odds and ends you have. Every year, it looks different because I don't remember from one year to the next what I did. I start with the cloth--it's actually a pillow sham. I don't remember were it came from and why I only have one. But somewhere along the line, I decided to re-purpose it for this.
I put the heavy brass candlesticks and books on it to hold it in place. Then I just start putting the stuff around. I love the glittery feathers, glitter deer and sparkly pinecones. 
There's a little of this and a little of that. Those green lightbulbs are not real, but rather  "scatters" that I bought several years ago from Pier One. Those little lights are woven through the arrangement. Those came from Pier One too. Man, I'm going to miss that store!
I have had these clocks for over 20 years. When I first used them, I told the kids that it meant that it was "time" for Christmas! I got rid of the elves several years ago just because I got tired of them. I might be regretting that. As it turns out, I might have been the only one who liked them! None of the girls or grands wanted them. Here's a reminder.
I don't remember exactly when this was--probably around 5 years ago. I had 3 of these elves--all different. They had such cute names--one was Tick and another was Tock. I loved them and now after seeing this picture, I kind of miss these guys. I already gave them away, so that ship has sailed!

Anyway, I love my tables. I didn't even do the dining room table this year because the dining room has become a storage area for everything going to the beach. I do need to do something about that as Sandy and family are going to be in town for one day later this month. We've made the decision to limit the number of family members and to wear masks and social distance. I'm still trying to decide if we're going to sit at the dining room table or if we're better off balancing our plates on laps in an effort to social distance. We'll see.
Here's "Nutty" who has also been part of the family for over 20 years. At one time, I had a picture of Mindy with her arm around him when she quipped that he might be the only boyfriend she'd ever have. That's been proven wrong! Anyway, he weighs 125 lbs. Butch and I always carried him around from the garage. Then we drove him around in my Jeep. Now, I really can't help with him anymore--any little thing throws me off balance and there's a flight of stairs between the front porch and the driveway. So, in the past couple years, it's either Nicky or Mitchell who help. On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, Stephanie and Nicky came by for something.  Butch was playing golf. I have a feeling that Stephanie helped Nicky because after I thought they had left, they rang the doorbell and there he was. We're glad to see him where he belongs. 
Sara, my landscaper, did my pots--there's another on on the other side. She does winter pots every year. 
She did Stephanie's too. 
Sara fills the pots with all kinds of greens and berries for a totally natural look. The pots are something we look forward to every year!

I hope you are getting a lot of enjoyment of your holiday decorations this year--even if you are the only one to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.