Thursday, December 17, 2020

Five Things Thursday

1. Charcuteries have been all the rage for a few years now. I saw this where someone has made them look like gingerbread houses. I think it's pretty awesome, but I would not have the patience to make this myself. I don't have the patience for real gingerbread houses!
I might have a hard time eating things right off the house though. It would be my luck, the whole thing would collapse!
Now these were just our dinner one night. I've already shared the big board I made for happy hour last week. I'm the Wheat Thins while he's the Triscuits!

2. I came across this on a needlepoint Facebook group I belong to.    

I love it! I might have to try to find this when I finish the current Christmas pillow I"m working on.
I do enjoy working on holiday things during that holiday. I won't finish it during this holiday season, but I should have it finished and made in to a pillow before next Christmas. Of course, I did finish this one for this year:
I started it last Christmas time. It's ready for some sweet little family member.

Speaking of needlepoint, I have to show another picture of Sandy's tree.
Aside from the fact that her tree is magnificent, notice that star on top. I needlepointed that for her several years ago---maybe even 10 years. I lose track of time.

3. I thought this was the cutest little tabletop tree. It's 18" tall.
I had one delivered to a friend and to my aunt---both of who are in nursing homes and cannot be with their families. I feel so bad for them. I just wanted them to have a little Christmas cheer.

4. And then there's this.

When I was doing all of that re-organizing in my scrapbook room, I watched this. It's one of my all time favorites---and my most favorite version of Pride and Prejudice. I can't resist a young, brooding Colin Firth!

5. I'm going to end with this. 

We had decided to keep our decorations to a minimum this year. We did the garland on the rails...
...and I did the table--that was to be it this year. Little by little, things just appeared. I noticed this needlepoint pillow in the Christmas closet, so of course I had to bring him down. 
In the bag with him was the stocking hanging off the grandfather clock. Then, the next day, this santa appeared. Apparently, Butch decided to add his touch! So, actually, this is how our entry looks when we normally do it. We didn't end up minimizing at all! We just took longer to do it.





2 comments:

  1. The gradual decorating of the hallway looks great!
    You have such patience with your needlework (and good eyesight!) they are all real collectors items.
    I love a charcuterie board - no one does them as well as the Italians though - oh how I wish I were sitting on the banks of Lake Garda with a glass of wine, sharing a platter of cold meats and cheeses ... maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe I still have never seen that version of Pride & Prejudice. Your house looks wonderfully festive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.