Monday, December 28, 2020

Monday Mystery

So, every year, Spotify sends out a notice about your most listened to artists and how many minutes you listened. Well, I'm not quite sure I agree with this. Some of it is a mystery to me.
Let's start with the top artists. Okay, I'm pretty sure that I DID listen to the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band most of all this year. I've always liked them, but it wasn't until I watched their 50th anniversary show on PBS that I started listening to them constantly. I also listened to Hank Williams a lot, but he's not listed. I like country music and have put together quite a playlist.

As for #2 Taylor Swift--I do like her. A lot. But, I didn't necessarily pick her to listen to--although I did listen to the "Taylor Swift Radio" quite a bit when we were puzzle making. It's not all Taylor Swift, but a mix of pop. If I were picking artists, she wouldn't be in my top 5.

I'll accept #3 John Barry--but it seems pretty hard to believe that I listened to the soundtrack of Out of Africa so much that it ranked #3 on my playlist. That's always been one of my favorite calming and beautiful soundtracks. Another that I love is the soundtrack from Pearl Harbor, but Spotify doesn't seem to have that one. 

As for #4 the Beatles, that has to be from my personal playlist that I put together of the 60's. That must also account for #5 The Beach Boys. There's a ton of Motown on that list too. In fact, way more Motown that anything else. I guess it just depends on what pops up when you use the shuffle feature. Still I would have said Motown outweighed it all.

Okay, so I'm good with all that side. Now, on to the top songs. As for my #1 song, I'm not sure I even know what that song is! #2, 3 & 4 are definitely on my personal playlist, so I'm sure they popped up plenty. And #5, I do love that Taylor Swift song, but honestly, maybe I heard it 10 times this whole year. Whatever.

Now for the 23,959 minutes. That breaks down to 399 hours! Holy Smokes! That's a lot of music! I love music and have it on quite a lot. I do not listen to music when I walk--just podcasts. So that doesn't account for any of it. Of course, there is some pool time, but it's not always from my account. When the family is here they usually use their own accounts. I've given them access to our sound system. That's mostly weekends. 

All in all, I do love that Spotify sends this report each year. It's interesting to me as to how it breaks down---even if I don't always agree with it. It's a mystery as to how they figure it all out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.