Wednesday, December 16, 2020

What I Make Wednesday

Every year, the girls want some sort of craft. Since this year was a weird one, I hadn't put much thought in to it---knowing we wouldn't be together to do it anyway. But, around mid-November, Connie's daughter, Malinda texted me. She sent a picture of a craft she had planned for their family over Thanksgiving. It was so darn cute that I couldn't resist! She got the labels for me and I set about making it. 
Making those little rolls of toilet paper were such a pain and so darn time consuming. I found out what Malinda and her sister, Amanda did and tried it. Then I figured out another shortcut and I was off. Anyway, after finishing it, I wrote detailed instructions and put together kits for the girls. I mailed Sandy's as a surprise for her to do with her girls. Then I gave Stephanie and Mindy theirs together. They'll do theirs when Jordan is in town and Morgan is off work. Anyway, I thought it turned out so darn cute!! Thanks Malinda!!

Then I put together a little surprise for my AYM group of scrapbookers. I made some "12 Days of Christmas" bags with a little tag explaining to open one little bag a day. Each bag is something different with bits and baubles, tags and flowers--just odds and ends for scrapbooking. When I finished with that, my scrapbook table looked like this:
What a mess! I had crap all over the place and on the floor. I took the time to do a little re-organizing--8 hours worth over two days!! When it came right down to it, I'm ashamed to say that I had never re-organized since our weekend crop at the Memory Make Inn! And, I'm ashamed to say, I'm not finished yet! Another 4 hours should do it! I have about 40 layouts to put in albums.

As I was cleaning, I put aside leftover bits and pieces. As a treat for all my hard work, I took some time to make some gift card holders--even though I've already wrapped all the gift cards this year! 
Oh well, at least I'm all set for next year. 
 
I made cookies too. Not as many as I usually do, but just a couple. 
I stuck with two family favorites that it wouldn't be Christmas without. These and my chocolate chip cookies. I plan to make one more batch of a new recipe today--Cranberry Oatmeal Pecan. They sound really good, so we'll see. If they are, I'll share the recipe.

Last but not least, I made a charcuterie last Friday for happy hour. Stephanie, Nicky and Mindy (Justin was working) came over for the first time since Thanksgiving. We masked and social distanced.
I thought it looked pretty festive. Butch reminded me that you aren't supposed to put anything on a plate (or board) that isn't edible. I'm like, "whatever!" Really, I don't think the girls would be stupid enough to try to take a bite out of an ornament! Steph said that with the cookies and the poinsettia drinks (champagne with a splash of cranberry juice), it felt like Christmas! At least it's somethin'!

I have another project that I've been putting off. It requires Butch's help. We desperately need to clean between the glass on our oven doors. It requires taking the oven door off. That should be fun! 







1 comment:

  1. The ornaments turned out so cute! I'm glad I was able to share a good idea with the craft queen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.