Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Travel Tuesday

Before Thanksgiving, we took Stephanie with us on an Adventure Lab (geo-caching). We love all of it (adventure labs, mystery caches, puzzle caches) because you learn the most interesting little details about where you are. this day, we went to the old City Cemetery near downtown--we had never been there. It only took us about an hour to walk to al 5 points of interest and then walk to the actual cache. So, Butch had another one ready for us. You would think with his over 15 years of geo-caching, he would have done them all by now. But that's the thing. New stuff comes out all the time. Adventure Labs are relatively new--since spring. 

We headed to an area of town called The Nations.
As it turns out, I thought I knew where The Nations was. I had it totally wrong. We were in an area I've never been to in all the nearly 35 years we've lived here. There were all kinds of interesting things to see and pay attention to.
This was my favorite thing of all. I can't remember for sure, but I think this was an old grain elevator. This mural was so realistic. It looked like a photograph. I don't remember the guys name or what he was famous for. But it doesn't matter. It's still cool. 

We stopped for an outside lunch afterwards. We were happy to have Stephanie with us for the day. She had fun too. Since she works from home now, she's happy to get out of the house anytime she can. 

While we were out, Sandy texted us that she and Greg were also out geo-caching. It's a fun hobby and you learn a lot. Plus, it gets you outdoors--especially now when you aren't really supposed to be interacting with other people (btw we all wore our masks since Stephanie doesn't live in our household). 

Yep, we learn a lot for sure. Now if I could only remember it!

2 comments:

  1. The mural is amazing - how on earth did the artist do it I wonder?
    What a fun way to learn more about the areas around where you live.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.