Monday, December 14, 2020

Mitchell on Monday

I haven't done a Mitchell on Monday post since he moved out last February. So, this worked out just right.

Let me explain a little first. 

When my grandkids started college, I made a commitment to send them a little surprise each month of their first year because, well, who doesn't like mail--especially packages. Victoria started college last year, then Covid hit and she was home. So, I decided I'd start over for her this year.

Here is the most recent text exchange--actually from the first week of December:

Text from Victoria:
Omg Grammy! I've never heard of a "piñatagram" before but it is the cutest thing I've ever seen! I'm going to string it up and whack it with my hairbrush😂
This was supposed to come in November. As you can tell by the Christmas lights, it arrived in December. 

Another Text from Victoria:
Omg Grammy, another package?! These earrings are so cute!!! Im going to be decked out this holiday season! Love you💕

Our oldest granddaughter lives in Los Angeles. I got this text from her:
I just got the advent calendar in the mail. It is so cute, I love it!! Thank you! I am having some friends over for dinner Friday and it will be fun to let them each open a window! 

The calendar arrived a week late!

So that brings us to Mitchell. I delivered a surprise to his front door. Of course, he was at work. I wondered if it would be there when he got home. I didn't hear anything so I texted him the next day:
Did you get a little surprise from us?

Mitchell's response:
Yes! I didn’t even look in the bag. Haha! Thank you!

You know what that means? It's the next day and he's at work. He still doesn't even know what's in the bag!! What??? Who doesn’t like a surprise!! OMGosh! This totally cracked me up—and Butch too! Girls are just way more excited about things!

PS We dropped off Chex Mix and Christie Cookies to Mitchell. Butch has been a Chex Mix making fool this holiday season. It's officially his job. 

Anyway, I guess that's the difference between girls and boys! One thing is for sure, those kids provide us with a lot of entertainment!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, the difference between boys and girls - how could he not look in the bag?! Those grandchildren are so lucky to have you sending thoughtful little gifts for a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to send the Grands a care package each month of little goodies & such, though they are 15 years & younger. Those ear rings are darling & that miniature piñata is adorable. Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.