Wednesday, December 30, 2020

What I Make Wednesday

So, leading up to Christmas, I was in the mood for soup. I had a new recipe that I wanted to try. At first, it smelled bad--just not that good aroma that certain dishes make when they cook. I was a little worried. The smell ended up dissipating. The soup ended up being delicious!! And so, so easy! That's a win for me! Anything easy.

Crock Pot Ham and Potato Soup*
6 cups chicken broth (I just used 2 of the 32 oz. containers, so that was 8 cups)
2-8 oz. packages of cream cheese
1-32 oz. frozen hash browns (I used the shredded type, but cubed would be good too)
1 1/2 cups diced ham
1/2 t. minced onion flakes
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 t. pepper (I added a lot more--maybe 2 t.)

Combine all ingredients and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
 
*Since I loaned Mitchell my crockpot almost a year ago, I just cooked it on top of the stove, slowly for about an hour and a half. Basically the cream cheese needs to melt and flavors blend.

That's it! Couldn't be easier. In fact, it took longer to make the cornbread that I served with it!

Did you try anything new over the holidays?

1 comment:

  1. Something that just sits by itself and does its thing sounds perfect for this time of year! I made a butternut squash, carrot and red pepper soup with coconut milk which was very soothing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.