Thursday, May 2, 2024

Five Things Thursday

How about some beautiful porches today?









It's hard to pick a favorite! I think we need to invest more time (and money) into our front porch!

We've put all of our energy (and money) into our back patio:
We got new cushions this year We get two years out of them. The sun fades them out, so the next year we turn them over. This year, we decided to go with all red flowers. 
Not a great picture. Some of the things are not blooming yet, but I have visions of what it's going to look like. 
I used to be an avid gardener. But now I only want to do the parts that I like. Butch does just about ALL the planting. I take care of fertilizing, dead heading, removing less than perfect leaves and any weeds that take root. We are both going to share the watering because it has to be done every day. Every. Day. 

And then, when we get all finished, this happens:

Seriously! Within about 30 minutes, the chipmunks start tearing it up. I'm thinking we need to get another cat. But, with all of our traveling, we don't need anything else to have to deal with. As it is, we're going to have to figure out who will do all the watering!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.