Monday, May 6, 2024

Monday Mystery

When we were in the Keukenhof Garden in Amsterdam, we came across this.
It's a tiny little shoe. The mystery is: did the baby who was wearing it kicked it off on purpose? Either the shoes were brand new, or the child wasn't walking yet as there was not a speck of dirt on that white sole. None on the bottom either.

I know how that mother must have felt when she realized the shoe was gone. This is a 40 acre garden, so there's no telling where it might be. 

I can relate. When Mindy was around 3, I bought her the cutest, expensive Rothschild coat. It was teal with a black velvet collar. It had the most darling matching hat. 
She hated the hat. Unbeknownst to me, she ditched that hat while we were in Target. I searched all over that store. I even called when I got home and then the next day. We never got that hat back. It's the most expensive kid's coat I ever bought. It was $125! It was so darn cute that I couldn't resist it. It was the hat that "made" the coat!

It was something like this Rothschild coat I found on Ebay except in teal and black:


Isn't the hat darling? The flaps go over the ears and either tied under the chin or had a snap strap--I can't exactly remember now since it was 36 years ago! I KNOW she knew what she was doing. In fact, I'm still bitter about it. Hmmm, maybe I should make her reimburse me for it! Yeah that's what I'm going to do. Mindy, I'm coming for you....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.