Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Travel Tuesday

Not me this time---Butch. He's heading to the beach to check on the condo. When we were on our cruise two weeks ago, a tornado hit Panama City Beach. Our place is in Santa Rosa where we got high winds. There was quite a bit of wind damage to the building. Some of the owners down there sent pictures. Our place looks fine--although our furniture is kind of jumbled on our patio. The funny thing is that the cushions are not ours. We keep our cushions inside. So, my theory is that there were cushions that had blown around. Seenig ours without any, someone just assumed that they were ours. Butch is going to get it all sorted out.

I didn't want to go. I have a very heavy traveling schedule soon, where I'll be gone weekend after weekend. So, this week, I just wanted to stay home and get a lot of things caught up around here. 

I've already accomplished a few things. 
1. I cleaned some of my artificials.
I've said many times, I don't baby anything! (Which is why I'll even wash leather shoes.) I vigorously swish the artificial flowers--even though they are silk--around in hot sudsy water. Then, I use the sprayer to rinse them. Some bits might fall off, but I just stick them back on. It really makes me feel good to know that they are clean and not all dusty anymore. I still have more to do--living room and dining room--scheduled for this week.

2. I love working in my scrapbook room.
I am taking a monthly class and decided that the kits have outgrown the little basket I was keeping them in. I took all the pieces out of the thick packaging and opted to put everything in the cellophane bags that were inside.


Reducing the bulk made a huge difference. I'm glad I did it. 

The packaging is pretty cool and useful. I spent some time while watching tv, cutting out some of the words that I'll use on my scrapbook pages. 
I used a candle jar from Bath and Bodyworks. I use them for all kinds of things around the house. Recycling at its best.

3. Since January is about done, I need to edit my photos. I'm doing a pretty good job keeping up with that. Besides deleting unnecessary pictures, I make sure to organize the ones I'm keeping by putting them in the appropriate folders. 

4. I plan to spend a lot of time working on this:
This very large pumpkin topiary needlepoint was one of my most favorite things I've ever done. Sandy has the first one I made. This one was my sister-in-law's, but she can no longer stitch something this big. I bought it from her and have started it. It's going to take awhile--probably 6 months at least.

5. I've been pre-planning my scrapbook pages for our upcoming retreat. I've been working on the journaling and titles. I want to get the rest of the journaling done this week. Along those lines, I have a date with Susan on Friday to help her. I'm really excited about it because the planning is my most favorite part of scrapbooking. 

I'm also planning to take in a movie or two. I have a couple of lunch dates. I'm  going to have a mani/pedi. Maybe I'll even get a facial. I'm going to the theater twice---can't wait as I love the theater. Tonight is "The Girl From the North Country"--the music of Bob Dylan who I love! Then on Thursday night, it's Simon & Garfunkel. Did I mention that I LOVE the theater? It's a great week when I have two theater things!

It's going to be a fun and busy, that's for sure. Oh, and I still have to clean out under the kitchen sink. The mat I have there has bunched up a little, so I want to take everything out, clean and fix it.

So what's on your list this week?
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I bet the Simon and Garfunkel evening will be so good. I absolutely love their music (reminds me of my youth!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.