Sunday, January 7, 2024

Something for Sunday

Today, we are off on a week long cruise in the Caribbean with Mindy and Justin. I'm planning on doing a whole lot of relaxing, reading, relaxing, organizing (I have a lot to do on my computer), relaxing, sightseeing (Butch is forcing me), relaxing and, more relaxing. Notice I didn't say eating and drinking. I'm going to try stick to my plan which is nearly impossible on vacation. 

 It's my sweet tooth that gets the best of me. In fact, I'm thinking of taking the box of Russel Stovers that I got for Christmas with me. That way I can share it with Butch, Mindy and Justin. Last year, I save my box from my birthday until the fall and it was bad. I had no idea that chocolates could go bad. I'm not about to let that happen again!

Still, I'm planning on making good choices. Famous last words. I remember when we took our French River Cruise a few years ago, I told myself that I would only let myself have bread once a day. Quickly it became once a meal! Give me strength! I'm already dreaming about those Miami Vice's I had at Morgan and Olly's wedding.

Just looking at this tells me I will not be able to resist. It was so good! Half Pina colada and half strawberry daiquiri. And then there are the BBC's--Bailey's, Bananas and Colada--so good. There's something about tropical drinks when we are on vacation. I think I'll be having a few. And then there's the new Caesar Bloody Mary I had in Mexico that was so good too. It sound gross as it's made with clam juice, but it's not. It's really a very subtle flavor. Heck when you have an unlimited drink package, that's the time to try everything. I'll have chocolate martinis too. And then the mimosa and bellinis---Okay, Barb, stop!! That's enough about drinks. The way I'm going on, you would think I'm a big drinker. The only reason I have the drink package--which isn't really worth it for me--is because both people in a cabin have to have it.

While we're away, I might or might not be blogging. Internet is always sketchy on the ship. I get so frustrated, so we'll just have to wait and see. 

Now on to what I really want to discuss. When I did my December re-cap, I realized that I forgot to add the documentaries that I watched--7 of them, but only 5 were really good. I love documentaries. I always learn so much!

On Netflix:
Don't Pick up the Phone---this one is so completely unbelievable. You must check it out. Without giving anything away, it's about some crazy person calling fast food places and pretending to be law enforcement. They have the manager strip search their employees---AND THEY DO IT!! It's hard to believe so many fall for it. Scary too.

Bad Surgeon--this is about a con-man that convinced everyone he was a wealthy doctor. He performed surgeries where people died. Very interesting.

Milli Vanilli--you probably remember the story of those two who were lip syncing ALL of their music. What happened to them was downright criminal, yet no one had to pay--except them. It's a sad story. The worst part is I think they were really talented in their own right.

JFK: What the Doctors Saw--finally, what really happened. This is not for the faint of heart. It's very explicit with pictures. There was so much kept from us. I think because it's so far past the event that they can tell us what really went on. Still, I'm going to find out the truth when I get to heaven. I want to know everything! 

On Paramount+:
Sometimes When We Touch--about the music that would come to be known as Yacht Rock. I guess I never really thought about it before, but it's an interesting story. Worth watching.
******************

I got a text from Morgan letting me know that she read 41 books this year. Pretty good for a working girl, avid out-door camper, festival goer, and 3 dog owner. I'm impressed she found that much time in her busy schedule! 

I asked her to send me her favorites:
The Housemaid
The Housemaid's Secret
Dream Daughter
Jessica Simpson Open Book
Lone Survivor

Based on her rec--I'm reading Lone Survivor right now. It's about the lone survivor of a 4 team member of a SEAL team in Afghanistan. It's going to be a 5-star for me. It's unbelievable to me the skill and courage of these guys. His first-person account is bone-chilling. I cannot fathom the pain!

Okay, I guess that's it for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.