Thursday, April 6, 2023

Travel Tuesday on Thursday

As you are reading this, we are at the beach. On the way, we stopped at Buckee's. We've heard so much about it, but have never been. There's one in Georgia near Sandy and Greg. They stopped the last time when they came to Nashville a couple weeks ago. The place is huge!! 100 gas pumps and 20 outside freezers just for ice!

They have everything you can imagine--kind of like a Cracker Barrell--except 10 times bigger.
All of this dinnerware was so pretty, but I don't need anything. I could easily have succumbed.
There are every imaginable prepared foods you could want.
I have never heard of beer salt, but they had many flavors--including dill pickle beer salt. I have no idea how to use it.
This is the coffee bar---OMGosh--I've never seen so many coffee dispensers. A little further down--that you can barely see is the soft drink bar--equally as long. Unbelievable.
The biggest selection of jerkies I've ever seen. I had no idea there could be so many types and flavors. 
Toys and clothing too.
We got our breakfast here. I got the ham, egg, and cheese croissant while Butch got the Sausage, egg, and cheese on a biscuit. But it's the guy in the background chopping the brisket that I took this picture for. Buckees is known for the brisket. We didn't try that as it was too early for us. Maybe the next time.

It was a fun stop. We'll probably do it again. Maybe on the way home for some of that brisket!

You might have noticed that I'm wearing a sweatshirt. Little did I know that when we got to the beach, it would be 90+ degrees and humid as heck! I immediately changed into a t-shirt and headed out to bet some fresh shrimp. I always walk. It was miserable and I was drenched by the time I got back. 

We tried a new place for happy hour--Hurricane Oyster Bar &b Grill. 
We do this a lot at the beach--have breakfast and then late lunch/happy hour. The food was delicious--we had a pair of sliders and a shaved ribeye quesadilla. Butch had 2 beers and I had iced tea. We'd have gotten out of there for $24.00 if Butch hadn't decided on the key lime pie. That was 10 bucks!! Oh well, he's worth it! But he did comment that we could have gotten the whole pie at Publix!
Still, it was a nice dinner in an unusual place. The best part? We got home and I was showered and in my jammies by 5:30!! We like to beat the crowd!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.