Thursday, April 13, 2023

Five Things Thursday




This tree at the corner of our street has looked terrible for several years now. I'm hoping it's dead now after our crazy freeze right before Christmas that decimated everyone's landscaping. Maybe they'll finally cut it down.
A friend posted this on Facebook as something for "throwback Thursday." This was during my volunteer days. She commented on how much she enjoyed working with me on this party. I told her that I remembered two things about this night. About an hour before the party, I discovered ants on my kitchen counter for the very first time. They seem to be regular visitors these days. The second thing I remembered was that Butch and I left for Singapore the very next morning. You can bet, I had the house clean and back in order before I left--even with a couple hundred people here the night before. Luckily, the party was mostly outside. I kinda' wish I had some pictures. This was the biggest party we ever had. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, I cannot imagine the logistics for a gathering that large, and leaving for a trip next day. I too need to have my house in order before going on vacation, even if just away for a weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.