Wednesday, April 5, 2023

What I Didn't Buy Wednesday!

What I didn't buy? Morgan's wedding dress!!

On Saturday, Jordan and Morgan came in town for dress shopping. I was thrilled that Morgan included me. It makes sense since she is exactly like me. Prior to the appointments, she had gone to every website and picked out all the dresses she wanted to try on. Efficiency at its finest!!

 We started early with our first appointment at 9 a.m. at Vow'd. 

Upon entering the store, we were greeted with champagne. We had our own little "nook" to hang out while Morgan tried on and modeled the dresses for us.
We loved this one--simple. But, those off the shoulder sleeves were weird when she moved her arms. The only way it would look good was if she stood just like this the entire time.

This was our favorite. It was the first dress she tried on. 

Since our next appointment wasn't until noon, we stopped at First Watch for breakfast. That was a lot of fun and before we knew it, we had to get moving to our next appointment.

Right away, when we got to Blitz, it was a completely different feel. The first place seemed hip and (as Morgan's best friend, Maggie said) "joyful!" with young people working. This place was Dullsville with a capital "D"! The people were old--well, maybe not as old as me, but close. Plus, when Morgan showed her "gal" the list of dresses she was interested in seeing, she was told that they don't carry all the dresses that are on the website! What??? That was disappointing because the very one that was Morgan's most favorite, she couldn't even try on. Still, she tried on about 5 or 6 dresses. 


Of course, she looks beautiful in every dress she tried on. She's got the perfect figure--tall and thin. Everything looks good on her! But, we weren't feeling it---and neither was she. We kept going back to that very first dress--nothing compared. Until...she tried on the last dress--or, I should say, we deemed it the last dress. As soon as she walked out, we all gasped! It was immediately obvious that THIS was the dress! We all agreed. There wasn't one thing that we didn't love about it. Unfortunately, now you'll have to wait until the actual wedding to see it! She looks stunning in it!
That's when they pulled out the champagne. We never thought we'd end up getting the dress at this somewhat boring--old-lady feeling, place. Just goes to show, you just never know! One thing that I always said that held true today is: "When it's the right thing, you'll know it right away!!" And we did!
From left, Maggie, Morgan and Jordan.
My beauties: Stephanie, Jordan and Morgan. 

What a fun day. I'm so grateful that I was included. And the best part? I didn't have to BUY!!






She tried on 11 dresses here.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous photos! Looking forward to seeing your beautiful Morgan in it, in due time :). I remember being included in the group of friends when my DD went wedding-dress shopping and it was such an enjoyable day. And yes, isn't it funny when you just know "This is The One?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun shopping trip! My daughter's wedding dress came from a shop we hadn't really thought would be the right one. But boy did the owner know her stuff - R picked out the dresses she liked and then the owner came up with another one that R had skipped past on the rails and said 'just try this one on for me, I think you may be surprised' and wow - it was THE one. And less expensive than the ones R had already tried on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.