Thursday, April 20, 2023

Five Things Thursday

1. We do not have Amazon Prime. I don't see the point of spending $99 a year to get free delivery in 24 hours when I get free delivery in 5 days which is actually 2 days. That's fast enough.
But when all of my packages are delivered with this tape, it makes me think I do have Prime. Or maybe it's just advertising. I guess this could be a mystery. 

2. The weekend of the coronation is going to be a busy one. Starting with a Cinco de Mayo party here on Friday night. I'll have margaritas and a taco bar. I got all of the party goods from Amazon. Jordan, Robbie, Morgan, and Olly are going to be in town for a wedding. My sil Janet along with her daughter, Jackie, and family (Greg, Evie, and Josie) will also be here. Janet is staying with me, but the rest of her family are here for a soccer tournament and have hotel reservations with their friends and fellow teammates. Plus the rest of the "in-town" family will be here--17 in all. That's going to make for a fun party.

On Saturday, it's the coronation of King Charles. I cannot miss that!
So I found this free e-vite. I customized it, but as you can see, I couldn't quite get the spacing right and didn't know how to fix it. The party is starting at 5 a.m.!! Actually, I'm having a "cream" tea which is taking the place of breakfast for my guests. I know that's a little unconventional to have a tea party this early, but I have tea every morning anyway.  I've also invited Stephanie, Mindy and the boys too, but don't really expect them to come. I've ordered a coronation party pack from Amazon. Basically, after I clean up from Cinco de Mayo, I'll be setting up for the coronation.
I thought this was pretty clever, but not enough to buy it!!

3. While we're on the topic of the Brits, my friend, Paige in NYC sent me this picture.
After 35 years on Broadway, Phantom of the Opera has closed. Paige went down to the theater and saw Sarah Brightman (who originated the role of Christine). Andrew Lloyd Weber was also there, but she didn't see him. He wrote the music for Sarah--his wife at the time. I felt a little bit of sadness for the day, but was also so happy to have had a chance to see one final performance in January. I'm not worried. It was too popular. I'm predicting that in 5 years, they will start another production. For sure.

4. Now I'm just bragging here.
About a month ago, I shared how I'd learned to isolate an image from a photo.
It's nice to not have those background distractions. Then I did this:
I added a title in the white space. I'll be sharing the actual scrapbook layout on "Scrapbook Saturday."

5. Sandy and Greg came into town for a Comedy Show at the Ryman, hosted by Kid Rock. 

It was Sandy and I with all the boys as Stephanie and Mindy are still at the beach. We had a delicious dinner at Blue Sushi & Sake. We didn't love the show but were happy to hear that they raised $85,000. Kid Rock announced that the money was going to the families of the children killed at the Covenant school a couple weeks ago and the 9 airmen who died while training near Fort Campbell. We were happy that the money was going to a good cause. That took a little of the sting out of the show! 

But then, the evening ended on a sour note. Our car was "booted!" To make a long story short, it was a mistake as we have free VIP parking just about anywhere downtown--the perk of Butch having been in the parking business for nearly 40 years. Anyway, he called the number posted on the ticket, the attendant showed up and got it all straightened out. At least we hope so! I'll be going to the theater in a couple weeks. I don't need to have these problems with my friends! I'm too spoiled. For sure! 






2 comments:

  1. Oh my, you're really going to town on the Coronation! Great skills on getting rid of backgrounds - I could do with learning this - and look forward to your scrapbook page. I had to look up what 'booting' was - over here we call it 'clamping'. Hoping it does not happen to you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Amazon Prime hasn't been $99 in over 5 years, currently $139. I am at the point of rethinking it as well. Delivery isn't as crucial as it used to be, but I am not sure how much streaming we have been doing. You are lucky to be located in Nashville, an Amazon hub.

    Love that mug!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.