Thursday, January 27, 2022

Five Things Thursday

1. I follow dozens of blogs--actually over 200! Several are decorating blogs. I discovered that a major trend for 2022 is "Parisian inspired decor!" 

"Paris will set the standard for fashion in all things. It's timeless and cutting edge all at once. The French know how to incorporate vintage appeal with contemporary design like no other. While Parisian decor is rooted in historical designs, like gilded gold mirrors and crystal chandeliers, it's no wonder that Parisian-inspried home decor is one of the top trends you'll see in 2022."

Well, for once in my life, I--without even knowing it--was ahead of the trend. I had planned to use a chandelier in the bathroom, but it just wouldn't work. Darn! I do love a chandelier in the bathroom--like in our master:

And the powder room.


2. I have never seen anything like this before.
When we were in New York for New Years, we went to The Smith restaurant. Right when you walk in the door, these sinks were on the left. I suppose it's to encourage everyone to wash their hands. I wish I'd thought to ask if these were installed because of Covid. But they do look pretty old. Interesting!

3. I saw this picture of Dame Helen Mirren and knew I'd have to share it.
Not only does she look stunning, but that dress!!! I'd say it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I love the color combination--so gorgeous! And the jewels are fit for a, well, fit for a "dame!"

4. In light of all my cleaning out and organizing....
...I really need to revise this to say that I have given away most of their inheritance!! I have a car full of boxes that are being donated today!!

5. On Monday night, we had book club. I did not go because I had not read the books. That's pretty rare for me. Since we were supposed to be in Egypt, I elected NOT to read them--just so I could read a few on my longer and growing longer all the time list. 

After book club, I got the email about our next books. One was an Agatha Christie. I was pretty sure that I had it, so I went in to the library and checked.
I went straight to my shelf that houses my Agatha Christie books.
Yep, there it is! I pulled it out and found this:
The list I made--somewhere around 1964 or '65 of all the books I already had. At the very top, was one book by Mary Westmacott--Agatha Christie's pen name for a line of romance novels that she wrote. 

I started reading AC in the 7th grade when a friend's sister recommended them to me. She loaned me The Murder of Roger Ackroyd and I was hooked. This may very well have been the beginning of my love of English literature and books set in England! My all time favorite book is Wuthering Heights. 

Although I have already read The Mirror Crack'd, I cannot remember a single thing about it. After all, it's been at least 58 years or so. I'm sure it will all come back to me! Yeah, right!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.