Tuesday, January 25, 2022

A Few Things

First things first. 

1. It was my friend Susanne's blog that gave me the nudge to organize all of my little bits and samples of my health and beauty aids. You can find her here. She's a hometown girl from St. Louis, transplanted to Indiana! They go "home" for Cardinals games all summer!
Seems like this is the perfect place to share this cool picture!

2. I'm nothing if not efficient. I love oatmeal and it's a bonus that it's good for my heart. I have started making extra.
I make two servings which actually gives me four servings--a half cup of oatmeal is enough. I prepare it all, a little salt, butter, Equal, cinnamon and a dab of milk. Mix it all up, cover with Saran Wrap and put it in the refrigerator. The next morning --or any morning--it keeps just fine--microwave it for a minute and a half. Ready to go. Quick and easy and healthy! Cinnamon is supposed to be good for you too. It controls your blood sugar levels and reduces high blood pressure. I don't have either of those problems, but maybe that's why!

3. We're still waiting for the guest bath to be finished. I had to abandon my plan to use my antique mirrors. I wanted to make a collage over the sink to the ceiling. But the two that were going to be the main ones that you would actually use, were oriented the wrong way and wouldn't work. 
So instead, we bought two new ones that look old. I wanted to run a whole row of the antique ones across the top, but Butch was getting aggravated with the hanging process. It's never easy. For now, I've settled for just the one extra. Once the room is finished and I start the decorating, I'll decide what I want to do. Here's a little sneak.

4. We're getting ready to paint the shutters and doors at our condo in Santa Rosa Beach. Butch and I are on the committee along with 4 other women. He's pretty much stayed out of it--he'll be reporting to the board (he's a board member). OMGosh! This has been a terrible experience. I'm not used to being involved in anything where the ideas are so completely opposite from each other. You won't be surprised to know that I've stepped in to the role as the organizer. It was driving me crazy---all the emails with such differing opinions--just short of fights! I thought for sure the consensus would be that we stick with beachy colors. Right now, we have coral shutters with kelly green doors. It's a pretty combination and beachy, but faded and needs a refresh. My philosophy has always been to change up the colors when you paint so you really see a change. Keep in mind that the building itself is stucco--so a light tan--virtually anything will work with it. Here are some of the very adamant suggestions that have been submitted:
                                                Ugly!
                                                    Pretty!
                                                       Pretty!
                                                Pretty!

                                            Not terrible.
                                            Ugly!

Guess which ones are our submissions? Butch and I were in total agreement. This is going to be interesting. I don't know what I'll do if they pick something ugly! Could be grounds for moving! I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I know a thing or two about picking paint and color combinations--and I'm pretty good at it! Okay, I guess that does sound arrogant. So be it.  I'll have to let you know how the vote goes. I'm usually a pretty good sport when I lose. But I don't think I will be this time! Actually, I'll be sick!

5. Speaking of the beach, I think this is pretty clever:

Look, even this food is a pretty color combination!

Okay, enough for today.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.