Wednesday, May 12, 2021

What I Buy Wednesdays!

Just when we think we're done buying for the beach, we realize there are still a few more things we need. And by "we" I mean--I'm the one who realizes we still need a few more things! 
Starting from the top: we (I) bought a Britta water filter pitcher. The water is terrible at the beach. I was having to boil it before I could even make my tea---and then it still ruined it. I've been using bottled water to make tea and coffee. 

We were at Sam's Club and saw the beach umbrella. We've had a love/hate relationship with them. This one looks a little sturdier with an easier way to get it in the sand. Side note: my sisters and I are renting chairs and umbrellas when we go down next week for our sister's trip. That sounds like the best solution of all!

The light blue throw is for the living room. I already have another that I love--color and pattern-wise, but it's fuzzy and leaves fuzz all over. When I rest in the afternoon to read/nap, I like a little throw. Hopefully this one will be better.

We've needed a pasta server several times. It's one of those things you don't realize you can't do without until you don't have one. Same with the ice cream scoop. Oh, and not pictured are some pastel colored, ice cream bowls. Butch loves ice cream and said we needed some smaller bowls. I was more than happy to comply!

On the bottom of all is a new mat for under the kitchen sink. I already have another that I love, but it's getting a little dingy---already. I haven't tried to wash it yet, but you know me. I always want a back-up. And there you have the crux of my multiples problem!

This "What I Buy Wednesday" is going to really heat up here. We've decided to do some redecorating---of the entire house. Butch said he hates that our house looks like 70 year olds live here! Uh, what? We are 70!!! At least one of us is with the other not too far behind!! 

Anyway, he wants us to go for a look of 50 year olds living here!! That's what I'm aiming to do. I'll have lots to share soon. Ordering new furniture this week! 

Have you bought anything interesting this week?

1 comment:

  1. First, I am impressed that your husband knows enough how the house looks to have any opinion at all. Second, I bet you jumped on the chance to redecorate. I think a house needs freshening up every 10 years, with paint and some new things. The trick is not to fall for the trendy stuff that will be out of style in 5 years or less. I look forward to seeing what you do - as I think your house looks pretty classic to me and good taste never goes out of style.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.