Wednesday, May 5, 2021

What I Buy Wednesday

This is going to be a very different "What I Buy Wednesday" post. Mostly because what I bought was a replacement for---well---you'll see. 

Let's start with the story. 

We need to go back to January when a friend of mine from high school contacted me through Facebook. We hadn't seen each other for 50 years. We quickly caught up. She told me that I was her very first friend on the first day of highschool. She had come from California and didn't know a soul. She latched on to me--although I didn't remember that at all! We had all of our classes together and I just liked her. We became friends. I introduced her to all of my other friends and never gave it another thought.

This is where it becomes a little weird. As she told me her story--ob-gyn who has spent her life working for, studying, living and researching women's issues-- suddenly the tables were turned. I might have been put in her life for a reason---so that 50 years later, she would come back in to my life for a reason!

She introduced me to a program---that I admit---seems very "new wavy." It's one of those mind, body, spiritual sort of things. This program explores every aspect of your health--from physical, to mental to spiritual and even financial. Of course I was skeptical, but thought---"hmm, maybe God lead me back to her." Not to get all schmaltzy here, but I'd been praying for something--mostly to help me with my faith--which I felt was waning. 

Now don't get me wrong. I was definitely attracted to the weight loss part of the plan. Let's face it. I'm pretty sure everybody does this program for that! 

Sooo, I've learned a lot about myself. I've looked at things I didn't even realize needed looking at! I'm spending time with my faith and it's helping. Mentally, I'm pretty fine---at least I think so. And we don't have any financial issues. That brings me to the physical aspect. I'm losing weight, consistently. Here's the result:
I spent Sunday morning (we went to Mass on Saturday night--just wanted to throw that in since I've been talking about my faith) cleaning out my closet. All of these hangers represent an article of clothing that is now way too big!! 
That's a lot of clothes. I wound up with 3 boxes for Margarita! It actually felt pretty good. I did not do the entire closet---I just focused on pants and the tops I knew were too big. 

Finally, if you're still hanging in there, on to what I bought! Through my Stitchfix box, I know what pants I like and what fits me lengthwise. Stitchfix has a "buy it again" feature that I like. I bought a few new pairs. 
About 4 of these are actually in my current size. I've bought others the next size down so I'm prepared---AND---to keep me motivated! 

It's all good! And I'm very thankful.

3 comments:

  1. Many congratulations on your efforts - it must be very satisfying seeing all those empty hangers. Are you feeling the benefit physically too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!
    I'm a firm believer that people come into our lives at the right time and for reasons we may not always understand at the time and this seems true for you at the moment. I'm pleased you've reconnected with your old friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the weight loss and more important to act on strengthening your faith when you felt it waning. I am no surprised that getting your head and heart in the right place led to other benefits.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.