Monday, May 10, 2021

Monday Mystery

I met Connie for lunch one day last week. We were meeting at Pei Wei. When I go to this particular shopping center, I park in the back. I was a few minutes early, so I was sitting in my car listening to the end of a song. Can't let a good song go to waste! While I was looking out the window, I saw this:
I did a double-take when I saw these lamps on the side of the building. I was a little confused and said to myself, "Where am I?" It took me a second to get my bearings. Then I realized that this was another building on the same lot as The Lamp Store---that went out of business several years ago. I bought so many lamps there. I was on a first name basis with Marty, the owner. I met him 30 years ago when I was fund raising and soliciting for donations for the many organizations I volunteered with: church, school, symphony and the local chapter of the American heart association. Once, I went in and asked Marty for something on behalf of 3 of them all at once!! I used to joke that people would see me coming and say, "Oh no, what does she want this time?" But with Marty, he never turned me down. Not a single time. Thus, I was more than happy to give him all of my lamp business. I'm sorry he's gone. I don't even know what's there anymore. I need to drive by the front and see.

Then on the other side, there was this. I guess it's some sort of power plant---for what I don't know.
I need to figure out what's in front of that too. I've never seen this before. It's amazing to see what's behind what you usually see. It's a mystery. And makes me realize that things aren't always as they appear. There might be something hidden in the background. Kind of like life, I guess. I'm going to pay attention more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.