Thursday, May 27, 2021

Five Things Thursday


Our sisters trip--from left: Joyce (our baby), Sharon, Jeanne, me, Janet. It was a great trip and time together. It's been 2 and a half years. We missed the twins--Janice and Jennifer this time, but I'll see them soon in St. Louis.
Even at the beach, I cannot get any peace! It doesn't matter the time of day either. Whether it's very early morning (like here), walking in my neighborhood, floating in the pool or sitting on the porch during happy hour---there are blowers or weed eaters assaulting my mind and ears! Everywhere! Everyday! There oughtta' be a law...
Unbelievable to me that Florida does NOT recycle!Not even at the airport. Yet, they have the proper receptacles! What's up with that? It would be so easy. Don't get Butch started on "no recycling at the beach!" They certainly do not make it easy. Butch has to haul all our recycling either to a center some miles away or home--which he does. He takes it all very seriously! It's ridiculous that Florida doesn't!
Mindy and Stephanie spent part of last week in Chicago working and having fun. This photo is incredible! I would love to do this--walk out on to the ledge of the Willis Tower (formerly the Sears Tower) the tallest building in Chicago. What a view!
This pretty much sums up Butch and I--I'm the Earl Grey in the morning and he's the single-malt at night. Mindy gave me this candle. It smells amazing. I teased her that I  never knew I like guaiac wood. Actually, I've never even heard of it!

1 comment:

  1. Sisters trip sounds fun. I hate that the Sears tower is now called something else. That photo reminds me of my daughter's 8th grade trip, when they all took that same photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.