Saturday, May 1, 2021

It's All About Animals

1. This is the journey of an eagle during its 20 year lifespan. That's a lot of miles!


2. An Image Of GPS tracking of multiple wolves In six different packs around Voyageurs National Park shows how much the wolf packs avoid each other’s range. Pretty amazing!
 

3. While we were at the beach last week with Matt and Sharon, we sat out every night. It was so beautiful.
All of a sudden, this "thing" flew past my face. Butch said, it's just a frog! We had been hearing them for a few days, but I had never actually seen one. Of course I had to snap a picture. I was shocked to see this:
It was green!! It looked black. I'm impressed that my phone flash showed that it was green. When I looked at the picture, it was a fun surprise! I'm easily entertained!

4. We have lizards or whatever they are called---I still don't know the difference between them and skinks, geckos, etc. The ones we see ALL the time--you cannot sit outside without seeing them--are brownish-gray. But one day, we saw this one for the very first time.
We had never seen a lime green one. The ones we see all the time also have that red thing on their neck--which we think only happens during mating season (as if we know anything). This little guy was quite a surprise. Sharon called it a chameleon. I guess a rose is a rose or something like that.

5. This one is only slightly animal related. Basically, Butch is a workhorse! (I know, it's a stretch, but there it is). He cannot sit still. You go to the beach to relax. He's always walking up and down the beach--not just once like most people, but 2 or three times. He cannot sit for more than about 10 minutes. Well, the first time we went down to the beach on this trip, he noticed (because he had to help me) that there was a step missing. 
The next thing I knew, I looked over and he had found a bucket and was filling it with sand to fill in the space. He found a couple boards and fashioned another step. It was still quite a step up for me, but certainly better than no step at all. 

Unlike Butch, I have no trouble relaxing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.