Wednesday, July 22, 2020

What I Buy Wednesday

The only thing I bought this week was some scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby for my AYM kits. 

Last February, I bought tickets for Stephanie, Mindy and I to "Sip and Script" class in March. Due to Covid, the class was canceled. We were able to reschedule for this week.

It's sort of like those painting classes where you get wine and then paint a picture. Except this was learning calligraphy. 

I checked ahead of time to see what safety measures were going to be taken. Turns out, it was OUTSIDE!!! They didn't mention that! Well, it is so darn hot here. The kind of hot and humid that takes your breath away when you step outside. The class was at 6 p.m. It was still 97 then. We were in the shade and the tables were far apart. Masks were optional. I wore mine. Being in the shade made it bearable, but I still sweated. Unbelievably, I needed a Kleenex and Steph had one!!! That's a switch---she's always asking me!

We sat down to this:

Rather than wine, I opted for bottled water. We were happy to be learning something new. Mindy got frustrated right away. She doesn't have a lot of patience. For that matter, neither do I. Stephanie did the best, but we all decided that calligraphy with ink and pen is not really for us. I taught myself years ago with the brush markers. I'll stick with that--even though I don't ever do calligraphy anyway!

Still, we had a lot of fun doing something different. But mostly, being able to DO something!

That's it for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.