Thursday, July 30, 2020

5 Things Thursday

Today's post is going to be about flowers---but not just mine.

1. Justin is from a gardening family, so the dirt under his nails is inherited! Every year, he plants flower pots for their condo balcony. Months ago, I saw and ordered these baskets that hang on decks or rails. I thought they would be perfect for them. They finally arrived a couple weeks ago. Justin sent me these pictures:
This year he planted squash and sunflowers. There's not a lot of room--especially if they want to sit out there some.
Here are the basket holders. It looks so nice with downtown as a backdrop!

2. We've been slowly getting Stephanie and Nicky's landscaping in shape. 
 Little by little, it's coming along. This bed runs all along the side of their house. 
The hydrangeas are in full bloom. I had--Sara--our garden girl--plant yellow marigolds to line the bed. I'm always looking for things that show well from the street.

Stephanie is so impatient. I haven't been over there for a few weeks now, so these pictures are old. I'm pretty sure the flowers have filled out nicely!

3. We have a lot of flowers on the patio.
I never think to take pictures from this view. I'm usually looking out the other way.


When planting pots, I go for color and texture. They have to be watered every day. That's Butch's job! We can never count on rain---even when it's predicted. It just doesn't happen!
The crape myrtle is just starting to bloom. They bloom on new wood. All these years, I've kept them cut back. I don't think I'm going to do that any more. I'll just let them grow tall, but still keep the shoots cut back so the interesting trunks show. 

It's when you look at a picture that you notice things that aren't right. In the picture above, the chairs are all messed up! I hate that hodgepodge mess. Each of those chairs has a match. I'll have to go out and move them to where they are supposed to be. There are a lot of things that bug me out there---that take away from the beauty I'm trying to achieve. I've decided I'm going to hire a young teen to come over and let me boss him around---"move this, put this here, clean out this, etc." I don't have the strength or inclination for most of it. The pool shed needs cleaning out. The pool works area needs cleaning out. And there are rocks and old pots I want moved. I think 2 hours should do it. I'll offer $50 on the Next Door app. I surely should find a taker!

4. The other day, when I was upstairs, I decided to snap this shot.
You have to be looking down to really see my knot garden. I designed it 23 or 24 years ago. You can't tell, but there is a part that is red-ish.

5. I know I'm wearing you out with this, but I am just so blown away by it that I can't get over it!

 Just 4 days later!!!
And after only ONE week!!! From dead to life!! I don't know why I should be so surprised. After all, Jesus did it in 3 days!

I promise that this is the last post about my sago palms. Promise! Well, maybe....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.