Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Travel Tuesday

Well, we're still not traveling but we did go on our annual golf/scrapbooking weekend to the farm with friends---although it's been two years for us! I accomplished quite a lot. In fact, I did 20 layouts from Wednesday night to Saturday afternoon. I ran out of things to do, so did a layout for Karolyn. That was fun, but I don't have a picture of it. I really enjoy doing layouts for other people.

Anyway, I'm going to share 10 of those layouts today. Here goes:
 "Making their dreams come true." Whenever I have long titles, I like to use my label maker along with one larger word to accent it.
"Pandemc Puzzles."  I really liked having the opportunity to use these old puzzle pieces on this layout.
 "Eating Habits" is about Mitchell when he lived with us. He said we had dollhouse food!
"baking with Evie & Josie." I did an old technique of putting part of the title on a transparency and layering it over a larger word.
 "Family Vacation 2017."
 "My Favorite 'tea & tales' Memory" is from AYM last week. I didn't have a lot of room for patterned paper, so I made little quilt blocks instead. I used acrylic paint to attach the transparencies with the title and journaling. Also, I used a map from my memorabilia from the trip as part of the background.
 "Fun at the Beach." Nothing unusual here.
"Tea & Tales." This is about my book club's trip to England. I put the title on top of the map from Hampton Court--home of King Henry VIII. I forgot to show the accordion fold out on the left that holds another dozen pictures. I learned quickly that I did not want to do a separate album for each trip--especially since we are traveling so much. Now I try to keep each trip limited to a single double page spread.
 "My Favorite Thanksgiving Tradition: Setting the Table." is for AYM. Since we were in the country, we did not have internet access. So, we could not do any computer journaling. Wherever you see some, I did that at home before I left. On this layout, I layered the photos with Washi tape. They flip up.
"Thanksgiving." This one is about our family gathering in 2019. I ruffled the ribbon in the upper right and lower left corners to add dimension. I haven't done a "stacked" title in years.

That's it for today. I'll share the other 10 layouts next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.