Thursday, July 16, 2020

Seen on my Walks

Well, the other day, I went out a little after 5 a.m. It was still dark. If it hadn't been, I would have missed this:
I got to see the moon, then dawn. I didn't exactly see a sunrise because of all the trees. One thing I love about going out that early is that it's so cool---well, at least not so humid. And I have a good half hour to myself before all the other neighborhood walkers come out.

Here are some things I've seen lately.
Is this a snake hole? I don't know what would live in there. Then I got to thinking, where do snakes live? I didn't wait around to see if anything came out.
 This is the flower I have that drapes over our driveway wall. I'm pretty sure it's the same as this one I've seen in the neighborhood.
I need to get a side view of my flowers. I love this color so much.
This reminds me of this post from 2008 about the destruction of our mailbox. I cannot believe it's been 12 years since that happened. I would have said about 5 years ago! Time is flying by. Anyway, I wonder if the mailman is delivering to them.
Some kitty is missing her food. I'm pretty sure the same raccoon that's terrorizing our fish was up to no good here. He must have been scared off before he was able to drag dinner home for his family.
On the morning I went out in the dark, I was able to witness the very first of my daily blooms. This is some sort of perennial hibiscus. The blooms only last a single day, but it blooms pretty profusely. I love the purple foliage too.

Well, that's about all of the interesting things I've seen this past week. While walking, I've listened to several podcasts. Murder in Hollywoodland is a true story from the 1920's. Also,  I'm loving Dax Shepherd's Armchair Expert. I've listened to his interviews with Melissa McCarthy, Rob Lowe and this week, John Legend. Dax is hilarious and does a really good job with the interviews.

Our Route 66 challenge is going well. We're way ahead of schedule. I'm doing my part. I've exceeded my personal walking goal every week---which is now the new goal! It's keeping me committed. Don't want to let the team down!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.