Sunday, July 26, 2020

Scrapbook Sunday

It's been awhile since I've shared any scrapbooking. Here are a couple layouts I did for our "round robin." Every other month, we trade sets of pictures and make layouts for each other. For these two, I did a couple of new techniques.
I did this "Circle of Friends" layout for Pam. The border across the bottom is made out of 2" circles. You fold  the edges on four sides that then makes it into a square. It works especially well if it's a patterned paper on both sides. It's a little time consuming, but looks pretty good if I do say so myself.
I did "Snow Much Pain" for Karolyn---about her breaking her shoulder when she fell off the ski lift.
The border on the left is made with 1 1/2"x3" rectangles that are folded in half and layered. I decided that this was a fun way to use scraps.
I pulled out the circle punch I used for Pam's layout and a 1 3/8" square punch. Now, I cut all of my scraps after each layout. I'm storing them in this container. Now when I want to do either of these techniques again, I have everything pre-cut.
I decided to do the same thing with extra pictures. I cut them 2"x3". I think they will make good borders or an end page. 

I've actually been putting together quite a few kits. That makes it easier to sit down and put layouts together. Lately, Saturday and Sunday mornings have been my scrapbook time. I'm noticing that my scrapbooking has evolved to more "moment" layouts rather than just vacation, birthdays or holidays. I really prefer pages that tell the stories of our everyday life. I think that gives a good portrayal of how we live. At least that's what's interesting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.