Saturday, July 25, 2020

A Few Things

I already shared on Monday how this sago palm was coming back to life.

Well, here it is just 4 day later!!! 4 days!! OMGosh! This is a miracle! For sure.

I've been going out for my daily walks around 5 a.m.---still in the dark. As for sunrise, this is the best I get.
With all of the trees, I only get to see the sky changing colors. Still, it's really pretty. It's so quiet at that time of day---no mowers. The birds can make quite a racket, but I like the sound of nature.
Butch gave me some cantaloupe for breakfast one morning. Apparently, he has forgotten my cutlery rules. A bowl or dessert plate requires a salad fork. I don't like it when the fork is bigger than the dish. There's no where to put it. As you can see, it is sitting precariously across the bowl.

Remember this:
This pile of shoes at the bottom of the steps in the garage--I had no idea what was up with that.
Now they've moved inside! I guess Butch has decided this was going to be his new storage area for his shoes. At least he has them neatly in pairs!
I took this picture because the flowers all look so pretty--even from a distance.
The tree hydrangea is so full of blooms, it looks more like a big bush. Notice that the hydrangeas to the right still have not bloomed. I don't think they will this year after all. 
Maybe next year they'll look like this again. I hope so.

Well, that's about it from around here. There's talk that our Mayor might take us back to phase I. If so, not much will change with us. We're not really doing anything. I'm having my pool parties---it's very easy to social distance in the pool!

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!


1 comment:

  1. 5am walks! I'm very impressed, and no wonder it is nice and quiet while you are out! I am sure that is probably a lovely time of day to be able to get out and enjoy the sunrise in a nice temperature.
    What a shame that you may be returning to phase 1 of restrictions, we hear that your numbers are still on the increase over there so I suppose the only thing they can do is to lockdown again to try and contain it. We are only just starting to relax our rules, we have a table booked for a meal at our local pub on Wednesday evening and, apart from one meal out at a friend's house, that will be the first time we have eaten outside of our home since March!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.