Wednesday, September 30, 2020

What I Buy Wednesdays

As promised, here are my purchases from the TWO antique shops my sisters and I visited in Salem. It was so much fun--especially since I cannot remember the last time I've been antiquing. I don't "need" anything and I'm trying to get rid of stuff! I kept reminding myself of that. Still I came home with quite a haul!! The prices in a small town were so amazing! Really cheap!
Janet, Janice and me.
This time, Janet is behind the camera while Jennifer takes her place.
This is the whole shebang---well, except for my Halloween centerpiece at the very top. I got a little of everything.
I never would have imagined that I would find anything Beachy in this little town in the midwest. Not a beach in sight for hundreds of miles. I have an idea in mind for the framed conch shell. The bag of shells will go in to a glass jar. I'm very excited about our remodel at the beach and have been re-decorating it in my mind too! 

There are spiders--big ones and little ones that I put on the cake I served to my book club on Monday night. There is a new card game, puzzle, emory board for my purse. I got a cute little bead set to make a bee and a ladybug for my little rock painting friend. She'll be delivering another batch to me this week. The spools of ribbon were 25 cents each---nearly full. There are some cute little pumpkins with succulents. That beaded necklace was for Stephanie. 
The fall placemats were a real bargain--$4.00 for 6. Those along with a couple of the pumpkins the Christmas tablecloth and vintage leaf dish is for Morgan. The Halloween plates and napkins were 50 cents! I used those at book club too. There are 5 packs of tiny candles. I like to use those at each place on my holiday table. There is a Christmas present there for someone. The fabric scraps are earmarked for a scrapbook page that I'm planning for the group next week when we go to The Memory Make Inn. I'm really looking forward to that. There's a tiny, lucky pumpkin and another hand painted rock with a little verse---those are for a couple of my sweet granddaughters. Lastly are the vintage Christmas package salt and pepper shakers. I love those---so 50's!!

There it is, the full report. We had so much fun. I can't wait to do that again the next time I visit. 

Next week, I'll be reporting on a new toy!!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.