Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Travel Tuesday

Even though you already have had a preview of my trip, I'm happy that I actually have a trip to post about! 

I headed to St. Louis last Tuesday around 5:30 a.m. The plan was to go straight to my cousin, Chrissy's. This greeted me:
Everything is all decorated for fall. It was so welcoming and pretty.
Of course, I was didn't get to appreciate it very much as I made a bee-line to the bathroom. I made it 5 1/2 hours without a single stop. I really like to do it that way. Luckily, my Jeep has a huge gas tank.
I noticed the newly paved sidewalk right away. I didn't realize that the driveway was also new--just like this. Very nice and looks so good.

After that brief bathroom stop, we drove to Olde Towne St. Charles where we met Chrissy's sister and my other cousin, Judy for lunch. We all wore our masks and ate outside. It was a beautiful day---sort of cool, but not too cool. Just the perfect weather.

After lunch, I went straight to Janet's and transferred a few things to her Suburban. We were on the road by 3 p.m. to Salem. We met the twins at our hotel upon our arrival.

One day, we planned to stroll the little town. We only got a block (there are probably only 3 blocks total) and browsed through two antique shops. That was so much fun. I cannot remember the last time I was antiquing. Plus when you add the quarantine, I hadn't been shopping in ages. Well, okay, I was at Target last week for the first time!! 

We had lunch outside again. When we got back to the farm, we had show and tell. I'll be sharing my purchases tomorrow on "What I Buy Wednesday!"

Considering it was just a couple days, we accomplished a lot and did it all!! We walked the farm while Jennifer gave us a tour, we gathered eggs, we had a nice fire one night, we played a little poker--really little, but still enough that I had time to lose $3.85, we went to Montauck State Park and had lunch, shopped, Parvez cooked some delicious chicken (what else) one night AND we bought a cabin! Now that's a lot to cram in to 2 days!!

We did ALL of it in our masks. I just wish everyone would WEAR. THEIR. MASKS! It's just not that hard! It's totally worth it to me to get to spend time with my sisters!!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you really enjoyed yourself. And I am glad your gambling debts didn't cut into your antiquing budget too much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.