Wednesday, September 23, 2020

What I Buy Wednesday

It all started when I placed an order at Lowes in Defuniak Springs, FL. 

When we were at the beach, we noticed that the dishwasher wasn't washing worth a crap. We ended up washing all the dishes by hand. Since our "guy" was coming to talk to us about the remodel, we asked him if he could take care of it. He said he'd do it this week before my brother got there. Yay!! We love our "people!" Also, we are replacing both ceiling fans, so I needed another one for the living room.

I went online to place the order. Our "guy" is going to pick everything up and take care of the installation. I could not find any place to leave his information. The last time we had him replace both toilets, he could not pick them up because the sale was in our name. 

Anyway, I decided to use their online "chat" helper. I started the process at 5:50 p.m. I got a message that said: "We are very popular right now. Get yourself a drink and we'll be with you shortly." I'd never seen that before but that it was a pretty nice way to let you know you might have a bit of a wait. So, I started dinner. I kept checking and there was no one to help. At 6:30, I sent another message and got the same message back from them. I managed to cook supper and eat it while still "waiting" for customer service. Finally, at 7:00, I sent another message saying how ridiculous this was. No response. Are you kidding me? I realized then that the chat service ended at 7 p.m. and they didn't even bother to send me a message!

I noticed that the actual store is open until 8 p.m. so I called. Within 5 minutes, it was all taken care of! Sheesh! If I'd known that I would have just made the call!

Customer service just ain't what it used to be!!

Anyway, now we're all set! Or so I thought! 

When our "guy" got there on Thursday to pick the dishwasher up, they told him that they didn't have it and it wouldn't be in until the following week. OMGosh! I was definitely worked up. Of course he couldn't wait around. Now I'm in danger of losing my installation too! 

I called the store and spoke to some person in customer service to try to get to the bottom of it. She was no help whatsoever. I was getting pretty tense and said, "We are getting ready to do a major renovation and had planned to use Lowe's. But if we can't rely on you to have what you say you have, we might have to re-think that!" To which she replied, "Mam, don't yell at me, I just work here!" 

What? Me yell? Reminds me of when the girls were little they'd report to Butch that I yelled at them. I am not a yeller, but I will admit, I have a "tone!" I must have been using my "tone" on this store clerk. In fact, I'm sure I did. 

I immediately asked to speak to the store manager. She just clicked me on hold. I thought, "Okay, here we go. As my punishment, I'm going to be waiting forever. She probably didn't even forward me anywhere." To my surprise, very quickly, some guy picked up. I explained the entire situation---probably in my "tone"---for sure. He was very nice and said that he was going to go out to the loading dock and look for my dishwasher. He asked for my phone number and vowed to call me back within 10 minutes. When I gave it to him, he asked, "Are you from Tennessee?" When I replied, "yes," he told me he was from Murfreesboro (small college town about 45 minutes from here). Well, that knocked the wind right out of my sails. I calmed down and thanked him for helping me.

True to his word, he had someone call me back to say that my dishwasher was waiting at customer service. Great! Back in business! Well, except for the fan I had ordered along with the dishwasher was not there. I decided I'd deal with that another time. 

Just when I thought it was all taken care of, I found out that my "guy" was not going to be able to go back that day. He said he'd get it the next day and install on Saturday. Fine with me.

On Saturday, I got the message that the water line hose was messed up and needed replacing. He didn't have time to get it and replace it on Saturday now. He said he'd take care of it on Sunday! EEEK! That's cutting it close. Matt and family were arriving on Sunday. 

Anyway, my "guy" got it done and sent me this picture:
I'm not surprised. He's never let us down yet. After all, the name of his company is "Gitter Done!" That pretty much says it all!!

Alls well that ends well!

PS That granite counter top is going! 

3 comments:

  1. My goodness, that was a marathon to get your dishwasher bought and installed! Glad all is now well, and that you Got It Sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does feel sometimes that despite all the methods we have now of communicating, it is really hard to talk to an actual person! I'm pleased it all got done in the end, but what a lot of stress to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, do count yourself lucky that you have good "people." I have been reading that there is a shortage of many appliances these days, so count yourself doubly lucky to have gotten one at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.