Thursday, September 17, 2020

Five Things Thursday

Just. a few things that I've been thinking about lately.

1. Did you know that 13,000 hands touch a gas pump each month? Now that's a scary thought even without Covid!

2. On one of my walks last week, I saw this.
What the heck? Is something being pumped in or sucked out?

3. Another puzzle in the books.
This one is a Clue puzzle---taken from the game. It's a very long story with all the usual suspects, Mrs. Peacock, Colonel Mustard, Miss Scarlet---the problem is by the time you finish the puzzle, you can't remember the story or what you are supposed to solve! Still fun to do.

4. I'll be seeing these beauties next week.
I'm most excited to see the little babies. Janet and I will be going to Salem to spend a couple days with Janice and Jennifer.

5. A question for you. Do you know what the name of that little plastic piece on your shoestring is called? We didn't either. It came up during a trivia game last week. It's called an Aglet. I'd like to think I'll remember it if that ever comes up again, but it's doubtful!


3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of a Cluedo jigsaw before but it sounds fun! And no, I had no idea what an Aglet was - I'll try to store that one away for future quiz nights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I had heard of an aglet and only remember it in connection with being threaded through an eyelet. Although not all shoestring holes in sneakers actually have an eyelet attached these days. I wonder if my new Nikes do? Anyway, being a scrapper, that stuck. We have yet to start our first puzzle of the lock down, even though I pulled it out immediately. I do not really have the patience for puzzle making, and although hubby does, he has not been keen either.

    And on the subject of shoes, yes I have heard the warnings on flip flops, so I don't drive in them. But around the house and the few times we get to the beach have not been problematic (knocking on wood). Around a slippery pool is probably not low risk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed your post and didn't know about aglets, so thank-you! The Cluedo jigsaw looks great fun. I do like your hens/chickens - hoping you have a lovely trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.