Sunday, May 24, 2020

Some Things on Sunday

Some things:

1. I always thought this was my favorite house in the neighborhood. But then I realized that--that wasn't what I loved about it.
It's the tree. That tree is magnificent. It has to be over a hundred years old. The trunk is enormous. The whole thing is beautiful. It almost dwarfs this huge home!

2. Butch and I were geo-caching. I found myself in need of an emory board. I knew it was futile to ask, but since the Enclave used to be mine, I thought maybe there might be one left in the console. When he asked what I was looking for, he whipped out this.
I've always said, he can live out of our cars. When you say "fully equipped," it has a different meaning for Butch. He has it all in the car, blanket, waters, snack bars, tools, tire fix, jacket, rain poncho, you name it, he's got it. I'd love for him to go on Let's Make a Deal with his car! I'd put it up against anyone's. Oh, and the Swiss army knife---yes, it had that metal file. I just about ruined my nails getting it open, but it did the trick in smoothing a rough edge.

3. Hazards of stitching.
I find myself wearing fibers now and then. Plus, a needle can go missing once in awhile. I might be wearing it or, I'll find it on the floor. Sometimes, someone around here has stepped on one! Ouch!

4. This is step one in an old recipe from the 1970's that I haven't made in years.
Praline Pie
Pie crust slightly baked (I baked it for about 7 minutes at 425--until it loses it's gloss).
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Melt until bubbly. Spread in to pie shell. Bake at 425 for 5 minutes until bubbly. Cool.

1 pkg. butterscotch pudding (not instant)
2 cups milk
Cook according to directions. Pour on top of pecans. Chill.

Top with Cool Whip. You can spread the Cool Whip over the whole pie or just top each piece. So yummy!

5. This falls under the category of "now I've seen it all!"
A trash truck in the drive through line at Burger King! Are you kidding me? Seriously, that sort of grosses me out. I think it's rude---the smell has to be awful. I get that the guys have to eat, but why not park the darn truck and walk in. And before you think it---yes, the restaurant is open. How can they eat in the truck with the smell? Yuck! Butch and I were both amazed. Now we've seen it all!

So there are some things on Sunday. Anything interesting happy to you this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.