Monday, May 18, 2020

Monday Mystery

This might be a mystery to you as to what it is.
 It's a sticky mat for beading---for my needlework.
The beads stick to the mat and make it easier to scoop them up on your needle. After a couple weeks, the mat is no longer sticky. Whatever beads are on it will still be stuck, but dust and whatever else is floating in the air, takes the sticky away. If I were to try to sprinkle some beads on the bare spots, they would just roll off. 

Now here's the mysterious part. If you wash the mat with plain water, it becomes sticky again. I don't get it. I don't know what material it's made of that is constantly sticky. I guess by rinsing whatever is stuck on it, the sticky remains---forever. I've had it for probably 10 years already.

It might remain a mystery to me, but I'm just glad it stays sticky. I wouldn't be able to bead without it! Before this came along, I can't tell you how many times I've "spilled the beads" and lost so many. Luckily, beads are one of the cheapest part of stitching.
😜


1 comment:

  1. Well what a brilliant idea - I wonder how on earth just running it under water brings back the sticky?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.