Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Two-fer Tuesday

You're getting a "two-fer" today---Tuesday Thoughts and Travel Tuesday.

Let's start with Tuesday Thoughts About....
...daylight savings time. Every year, I hear people complain about how they hate daylight savings. They hate that it gets dark so early. Well, I don't hate it. In fact, I love it!

I'm used to it being dark when I get up in the morning. I always get up early, so it's not unusual that I beat the sun. But when it comes to the afternoon, dark at 4:30 is somehow comforting to me. It's time to snuggle down for the evening. Early dark gives me permission to put on my jammies, light the fire and an occasional candle or two, and get an early start on the evening.

Getting dark early simply makes the evenings last longer. I guess that also means that it shortens the day. Well, I'm okay with that. I have all of my work down by noon. The afternoon is my time to watch a show or two while stitching, napping and reading. If I'm out for part of the day, I'm usually home by early afternoon.

Here's my morning view:

 And here's my view in the afternoon.
Yeah, I'm okay with longer evenings. How do you feel about Daylight Savings Time?

Now, on to Travel Tuesday.
The week before last, we went to Baltimore for the weekend. I wanted good seafood, so we decided on Bubba Gumps at Harbor Place.
 We passed by this magnificent ship. One of these days, I'm going to tour it.

Right after we passed the ship, an older woman was walking with a young---about 12---boy---most likely her grandson. She tripped and fell. Butch helped her up. She was so embarrassed. I told her that I could totally relate. I'm such a faller. My biggest fear! Falling! Maybe I should start a new meme---Friday Fears. Nah, I'm just superstitious enough to not want to jinx myself!

On to the restaurant.
I thought I had been to a Bubba Gumps before, but apparently not. I would have remembered the ping pong paddle menu. I just love when things are re-purposed in to something cool. This is so clever. I could even see making a ping pong paddle in to a scrapbook! As if I need another one of those!
And then, keeping with the theme, they had this. It seems like a take-off of Bonefish Grill's "bang bang" shrimp. Or maybe this was first. I don't know. We didn't try it. What we did have was good. I would go back.

Now I know when I say this, it's going to seem blasphemous to anyone that lives near the shore. But I really like Red Lobster. The food is good, plentiful and reasonably priced. Who could ask for anything more!

Well, that's it for this Tuesday. We head to the beach tomorrow, so I'm sure I'll have some more good seafood and adventures to share!

1 comment:

  1. We're off to a beach tomorrow - I'm hoping for some really good seafood over the weekend. I like the idea of a ping pong scrapbook, be fun for all your family games.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.